Happy Sunday

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Atlantic Lover
Nursery

Re: Happy Sunday

Post by Atlantic Lover »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:00 am
JT wrote:You made a poor assessment of Mike. He's not even close to being on the far right. His opinions on the LGBT community are a good place to start they are probably more liberal than most here. There's other stuff too.
A-mike, what you might have learned in High School English applies to trolling on the Internet. Show, don't tell. Don't tell everyone how fair-minded you are by creating sock puppets that call you "moderate" compared to what the latest sock is. Will used to do the same thing. He pretended to be his wife once, and the wife would tell us how talented and brilliant Will is. lol.

Don't you think it's interesting that in a post where you've taken away any sympathy for the way a person is treated by saying sympathy shackles the person, that you put this effort into throwing a pity party for A-Mike?

On the small chance that you are someone who doesn't live in the same skull as A-mike (or Binger), I'll just inform you that if you were to meet A-mike on the Internet, then you wouldn't care for the guy either. I'm sure in real life he's a decent guy. That's why you like him. We know him frolm the Internet, that's why most of us don't.
Just so you know, I reported you to the moderators for doing the same as Marcus, trying to make Jack's thread about Mike. You had a choice, post here and violate UR4, or you could've posted in the split thread in the telestial to vent your anger toward my husband. Jack's a good man.

While talking to my bishop Sunday I asked him if he had ever heard of this board because he's very knowledgeable about the exmormon community. And to my surprise he has. To bad he's not a member of this board, he would set you guys straight!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Atlantic Lover wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:02 pm
Gadianton wrote:

A-mike, what you might have learned in High School English applies to trolling on the Internet. Show, don't tell. Don't tell everyone how fair-minded you are by creating sock puppets that call you "moderate" compared to what the latest sock is. Will used to do the same thing. He pretended to be his wife once, and the wife would tell us how talented and brilliant Will is. lol.

Don't you think it's interesting that in a post where you've taken away any sympathy for the way a person is treated by saying sympathy shackles the person, that you put this effort into throwing a pity party for A-Mike?

On the small chance that you are someone who doesn't live in the same skull as A-mike (or Binger), I'll just inform you that if you were to meet A-mike on the Internet, then you wouldn't care for the guy either. I'm sure in real life he's a decent guy. That's why you like him. We know him frolm the Internet, that's why most of us don't.
Just so you know, I reported you to the moderators for doing the same as Marcus, trying to make Jack's thread about Mike. You had a choice, post here and violate UR4, or you could've posted in the split thread in the telestial to vent your anger toward my husband. Jack's a good man.

While talking to my bishop Sunday I asked him if he had ever heard of this board because he's very knowledgeable about the exmormon community. And to my surprise he has. To bad he's not a member of this board, he would set you guys straight!
Please tell him to register and post here. We need more people willing to engage in discussion rather than linking and running. Discussions are better with opposing views.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Atlantic Lover wrote:
Gadianton wrote:

Atlantic Lover, the original poster of a thread can broaden the original topic through the content of their later posts. By posting about Mike’s character, Jack broadened the topic to include that subject.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Atlantic Lover
Nursery

Post by Atlantic Lover »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:02 pm
Atlantic Lover wrote:

Atlantic Lover, the original poster of a thread can broaden the original topic through the content of their later posts. By posting about Mike’s character, Jack broadened the topic to include that subject.
That would be fine if Gadianton was addressing Jack, but he was not. He started his post by accusing Jack of actually being Mike. How is that staying on topic?

Also, accusing Jack of being Mike is obviously a personal attack. Just read his post. That is against the rules for the terrestrial forum
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Atlantic Lover wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:53 pm
Also, accusing Jack of being Mike is obviously a personal attack. Just read his post. That is against the rules for the terrestrial forum
"Accusing someone of being Mike is obviously a personal attack." ~ Mike's wife.

Oooph.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:47 pm
Atlantic Lover wrote:

Oooph.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Atlantic Lover
Nursery

Post by Atlantic Lover »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Atlantic Lover wrote:

Oooph.
Of course it is! Jack has started one thread and has been attacked multiple times. He's been accused of being someone he isn't after posting only a handful of times. And the moderators are fine with it.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I am happy taking Jack T at face value. The OP is completely absurd, inasmuch as John Dehlin never claimed to be having visions of God and angels or to translate ancient records of lost civilizations. If people are offering testimonials of John’s work, it is probably more along the lines of thanking a teacher or the person who helped them lose 20 lbs. It is a dumb comparison, but anyone is allowed to come here and share their thoughts, no matter their quality.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Lets see this thread has brought up a couple of potentially interesting things. Some people leave the LDS org with no anger but that has perhaps (or perhaps not) become less common. Some people like Mr. Dehlin to excess. Liberals enslave blacks by saying they have been marginalized. (a weird idea that has become popular in some quarters)

The subject of Atlantic Mike is not as interesting to my view. He is not all bad or all good. Neither am I.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Atlantic Lover wrote: Also, accusing Jack of being Mike is obviously a personal attack. Just read his post. That is against the rules for the terrestrial forum

Oooph.
agreed. that's not a ...vote of confidence, to say the least.