Happy Sunday

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Happy Sunday

Post by canpakes »

Atlantic Lover wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:02 pm
… you could've posted …
I’ve seen that grammar somewhere before …. ; )
Atlantic Lover
Nursery

Post by Atlantic Lover »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:24 am
Atlantic Lover wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:02 pm
… you could've posted …
Mike told me when I started posting on the board I would have a choice to make once the regular posters found out I was a conservative. He said I would have to take the high road or get down in the trenches and fight dirty. I'm starting to see what he was trying to tell me. Even the moderators join in and gang up on new members. As a moderator, why would you post what you did? Does it make you feel superior? Of course Mike and I share the same style of writing. We grew up together, went to the same school together, we have spent our whole lives together.

I never expected to be attacked by a moderator. That's very unprofessional in my opinion.
Atlantic Lover
Nursery

Post by Atlantic Lover »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:02 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:47 pm

"Accusing someone of being Mike is obviously a personal attack." ~ Mike's wife.

Oooph.
agreed. that's not a ...vote of confidence, to say the least.
Moderators! Marcus is back on Jack's thread stirring up drama.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlantic Lover wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:01 am
canpakes wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:24 am
As a moderator, why would you post what you did?
Because, as a board participant, I’ve seen that grammar somewhere before …. ; )
Atlantic Lover
Nursery

Post by Atlantic Lover »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:43 pm
Atlantic Lover wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:01 am

As a moderator, why would you post what you did?

I must say, I'm surprised that you're acting this way as a moderator. You're making feel like I need to defend myself. Is that how a moderator should make a board member feel? I'm trying not to be rude or cheeky, but the constant belittling is offensive, especially from a moderator.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I say we not rise to the bait. Let people be who they claim to be, whether they are or not. I say this as a past repeat offender in the "suspicious of sock puppet" paranoia. It is just a waste of time and creates needless drama. Do people create sock puppets? Yes. Will they sustain them forever? Probably not.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Atlantic Lover wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:19 pm
canpakes wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:43 pm

I must say, I'm surprised that you're acting this way as a moderator. You're making feel like I need to defend myself. Is that how a moderator should make a board member feel? I'm trying not to be rude or cheeky, but the constant belittling is offensive, especially from a moderator.
Apologetics is a pretty rough and tumble environment. If you’re here to lend a strong conservative voice to the conversations here, then my comment above is going to be the least of your challenges.

Remember that your feelings are yours, and not controlled by anyone else, just as your actions are. Your participation in board drama will be what you make of it, and what you make. And where. If we want to talk about that further, we can do it outside of Jack’s thread.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Atlantic Lover wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:53 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:02 pm

Atlantic Lover, the original poster of a thread can broaden the original topic through the content of their later posts. By posting about Mike’s character, Jack broadened the topic to include that subject.
That would be fine if Gadianton was addressing Jack, but he was not. He started his post by accusing Jack of actually being Mike. How is that staying on topic?

Also, accusing Jack of being Mike is obviously a personal attack. Just read his post. That is against the rules for the terrestrial forum
Certain types of posts have long been treated as not derailing a thread. They include a person's motivation for making a post, rule compliance issues, and sock puppetry. I have my own personal feelings about each, but that is the way they have been treated. Accusing an account of being a sockpuppet does not fall within the personal attack rule, because it isn't directed at the person but at the use of a second account in violation of the rules.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Atlantic Lover wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:03 am
Marcus wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:02 am

agreed. that's not a ...vote of confidence, to say the least.
If you want a moderator to take some sort of action, please use the report button and refer to the rule that you think is being violated.

Thanks.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Atlantic Lover
Nursery

Post by Atlantic Lover »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:21 pm
Atlantic Lover wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 11:03 am

If you want a moderator to take some sort of action, please use the report button and refer to the rule that you think is being violated.

Thanks.
I did report it. And I think the moderator I reported was the moderator that decided if the complaint was legitimate. That's funny!

I don't know how much longer I'll be here. I'm starting to feel sexually harassed. I've had at least three board members insinuate that I'm a male.