Mormon Stories Question

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: Mormon Stories Question

Post by consiglieri »

dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:08 pm

But it’s nice to have identified others in the crew. As much as we like to see ourselves as Lone woofs, it’s good to know we aren’t alone. Jesus taught me that.
To bear a ring of power is to be alone.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I dislike that my question about Jen and Gerardo was like blood in the water for Dehlin Sharks. Could you hold off on that till the next Rosebud legal filing?

Should we assume Jen and Gerardo were the victims of some Dehlin family drama?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

For the record I don't think the narcissist label applies to John nearly as well as borderline personality disorder does. I'd bet my kids college funds John does suffer from that, and the irony of him having a PhD and lacking so much self awareness in this arena is really astonishing.

Someone like Consig, your garden variety ambulance chaser and murderer getter offer I expect not to get it. But John? He's actually educated and has done some impactful research.

Physician, heal thyself.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

jpatterson wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:58 am
For the record I don't think the narcissist label applies to John nearly as well as borderline personality disorder does. I'd bet my kids college funds John does suffer from that, and the irony of him having a PhD and lacking so much self awareness in this arena is really astonishing.

Someone like Consig, your garden variety ambulance chaser and murderer getter offer I expect not to get it. But John? He's actually educated and has done some impactful research.

Physician, heal thyself.
James, stop giving your diagnoses. It looks silly at this point. We get it, you don't like him and we also get it, you don't like Consig. Who cares about that?
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

dastardly stem wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:38 pm
jpatterson wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:58 am

Physician, heal thyself.
James, stop giving your diagnoses. It looks silly at this point. We get it, you don't like him and we also get it, you don't like Consig. Who cares about that?
Diagnoses of people is silly? Is this a new feature on this forum? I missed the memo entirely.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Binger wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:44 pm
Diagnoses of people is silly? Is this a new feature on this forum? I missed the memo entirely.
There are memos on this forum? I missed that entirely.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:53 pm
Binger wrote:
There are memos on this forum? I missed that entirely.
Here we go again. The things that you miss are more relevant than the things that other people miss. There must be a disorder for this and you must have it.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Binger wrote:

Well, now, you're looking silly.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Binger wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:56 pm
Here we go again. The things that you miss are more relevant than the things that other people miss. There must be a disorder for this and you must have it.
Thanks for the memo!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:18 pm
Binger wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:56 pm
Thanks for the memo!
I can't help but think that this version of you, where you are polite and thankful, is just a symptom of your bipolar disorder. Any other diagnosis of your gratitude would be silly, really.

You're welcome.