Mormon Stories Question

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Mormon Stories Question

Post by Moksha »

What happened with Jen and Gerardo at the Mormon Stories podcast? They were replaced with John's wife. Big change in the show without adequate explanation.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
High Spy
Regional Representative

Re: Mormon Stories Question

Post by High Spy »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:35 am
What happened with Jen and Gerardo at the Mormon Stories podcast? They were replaced with John's wife. Big change in the show without adequate explanation.
All that jazz has run it’s course. :razz:

Now is the time to turn the page and discover significant identities including that of the Davidic Servant.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

They let Kara go without much fanfare either. I think it’s too difficult for John to let people in, he’s had so many attacks from Mormon Stories staffers over the years and been burned by it. Anne, Kara, Patterson, ect ect.

If he’s down to only being able to trust his wife, then that is incredibly sad.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:49 pm
They let Kara go without much fanfare either. I think it’s too difficult for John to let people in, he’s had so many attacks from Mormon Stories staffers over the years and been burned by it. Anne, Kara, Patterson, ect ect.

If he’s down to only being able to trust his wife, then that is incredibly sad.
etc. etc.

Sheeeeeesssshhhh.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:35 am
When were they replaced?

What explanation would be adequate?
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

John really wants more money, I hear. This moves helps.

Just kidding. i know virtually nothing about Mormonstories these days. Apparently he had a co-host or something, but she also left?

Well, I wish him well.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Why not ask in the message section of his latest episode?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

It is basically a mom and pop organization, and that is probably what it should have always been, but, as John recently explained, he gets carried away and tries to do too much. Then people around him catch the whirlwind because he starts fraying at the seams. It is a tough situation, but he is coming to grips with it.

In my view the third installment of his discussion with Patrick Mason went a long way towards vindicating John. My respect and compassion for him grew immensely. He had to face some tough questions from Patrick Mason. Patrick noticed some glaring inconsistencies in John's posture and attitudes, to which John fully owned up.

Guy's not perfect, but I think he is on the whole a decent but flawed person. On the whole, I am sympathetic toward him and think he has made some invaluable contributions to the conversation on Mormonism.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gerardo seemed to be doing boffo work as a producer, bringing in a lot of interesting guests. Jen did a really good job running the boards and adding empathy when it was needed. Maven is currently helping out on the live board.

by the way, Cara has appeared with John on several podcasts since she left. She still does a once-a-month hosting with John Larson. What happened with Gerardo and Jen remains a mystery.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:47 pm
Gerardo seemed to be doing boffo work as a producer, bringing in a lot of interesting guests. Jen did a really good job running the boards and adding empathy when it was needed. Maven is currently helping out on the live board.

by the way, Cara has appeared with John on several podcasts since she left. She still does a once-a-month hosting with John Larson. What happened with Gerardo and Jen remains a mystery.
What were the most recent podcasts with Gerardo and Jen and what were their contributions?