Mormon Stories Question

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Mormon Stories Question

Post by Kishkumen »

Narcissist is the armchair diagnosis du jour.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:19 pm
Sounds to me John makes more money than 99% of human inhabitants by sitting and listening to stories and not much more. Ok many say he interrupts and talks a lot himself, so he does that part too. I skimmed a transparency show he recently did, thinking he may divulge the finances, but it was more about how he's too busy by sitting with people 5 hours at a time, so he's cutting back on that...or something. And something about how hard it is to keep a following seeing as the exmormon population isn't that big in his view.
Truly listening to others with empathy takes a lot of energy and love. Shame on you.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:02 pm
Calling everybody a narcissist pisses off those of us who truly are.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Kishkumen wrote:
Like a true narcissist, this guy thinks he knows what the diagnosis is for the day because, obviously, that is what this narcissist wants it to be. Fine then. If this narcissist wants it to be the diagnosis du jour, then that is what it is.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I only use the term because we've all been privy to his very private, now public, texts to A.P. (rosebud) which give a very detailed insight into his personality.

He says the church is guilty of saying one thing and doing another, well John does that too.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:11 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:19 pm
Sounds to me John makes more money than 99% of human inhabitants by sitting and listening to stories and not much more. Ok many say he interrupts and talks a lot himself, so he does that part too. I skimmed a transparency show he recently did, thinking he may divulge the finances, but it was more about how he's too busy by sitting with people 5 hours at a time, so he's cutting back on that...or something. And something about how hard it is to keep a following seeing as the exmormon population isn't that big in his view.
Truly listening to others with empathy takes a lot of energy and love. Shame on you.

I agree with you, kish. My point above was nothing more than suggesting he’s not doing all the busy work, if we can trust James (and it appears consig has confirmed somewhat) as another had claimed. And I or James could be wrong about that, thus my “sounds to me”.

I’m trying to be fair here, but it gets tough sometimes and no doubt my biases are coming through anyway.

All my best and thanks for keeping me honest.
Last edited by dastardly stem on Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:15 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
But it’s nice to have identified others in the crew. As much as we like to see ourselves as Lone woofs, it’s good to know we aren’t alone. Jesus taught me that.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:37 pm
I only use the term because we've all been privy to his very private, now public, texts to A.P. (rosebud) which give a very detailed insight into his personality.

He says the church is guilty of saying one thing and doing another, well John does that too.
I really ought to back off Dehlin threads. But just wanted to say, drumdude, that makes sense.
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:15 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
People keep forgetting that it’s all about me.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:06 pm
I agree with you, kish. My point above was nothing more than suggesting he’s not doing all the busy work, if we can trust James (and it appears consig has confirmed somewhat) as another had claimed. And I or James could be wrong about that, thus my “sounds to me”.

I’m trying to be fair here, but it gets tough sometimes and no doubt my biases are coming through anyway.

All my best and thanks for keeping me honest.
No worries, stem. It is impossible to judge fairly in an online discussion forum. My apologies for being judgmental in my comment. You’re good.