Mormon Stories Question

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Mormon Stories Question

Post by Moksha »

Binger wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:01 pm
What were the most recent podcasts with Gerardo and Jen and what were their contributions?
There is some delay between the recording and download, so 2-3 weeks? Gerardo and Jen both served in technical and on-air capacities. Gerardo also served as a program producer.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:50 pm
Binger wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:01 pm
What were the most recent podcasts with Gerardo and Jen and what were their contributions?
There is some delay between the recording and download, so 2-3 weeks? Gerardo and Jen both served in technical and on-air capacities. Gerardo also served as a program producer.
Served? WTF? What the hell does that even mean?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Binger wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:55 pm
Think of served as an analog to the words functioned or performed. For instance, "He performed as a producer vs he served as a producer".

Out of curiosity, have you ever watched Mormon Stories?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:18 pm
Binger wrote:
Think of served as an analog to the words functioned or performed. For instance, "He performed as a producer vs he served as a producer".

Yes
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Moksha wrote:
Binger wrote:

Served seems an appropriate verb since it’s likely they were donating their time and not getting paid. I would be surprised if they were ever actual employees.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:46 pm
Moksha wrote:

Served seems an appropriate verb since it’s likely they were donating their time and not getting paid. I would be surprised if they were ever actual employees.
If he’s getting a half a million a year as some have alleged and not paying anyone that’d be ridiculous. I trust he’s paid people and fairly.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:35 pm
drumdude wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:46 pm

If he’s getting a half a million a year as some have alleged and not paying anyone that’d be ridiculous. I trust he’s paid people and fairly.
According to Open Stories Foundation's 2020 IRS filing, John got $215K in executive compensation and the rest of the "staff" got about $5,000 to share amongst themselves.
Binger
God

Post by Binger »

jpatterson wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:35 pm
dastardly stem wrote:

According to Open Stories Foundation's 2020 IRS filing, John got $215K in executive compensation and the rest of the "staff" got about $5,000 to share amongst themselves.
Jesus. I would not do what he does for that compensation. To hell with that.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

jpatterson wrote:
dastardly stem wrote:

Thanks for that. Sounds pretty crappy. I guess the rumored news I got about his compensation is greatly exaggerated, at least. If what you say is true, its no wonder why people are leaving. They get on as volunteers of some sort, perhaps...and then leave after a time.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Binger wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:56 pm
jpatterson wrote:

Jesus. I would not do what he does for that compensation. To hell with that.
Sit and listen to people drone on about their stories for hours? Why not? Can't stand other people telling you stories or what have you?
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos