How God picks and chooses...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

How God picks and chooses...

Post by IHAQ »

The Gays’ oldest daughter was a student at the University of Utah. Elder and Sister Gay were living in Connecticut. Sister Gay was awakened peacefully one night by a calm impression—one of love for her daughter and of the possibility that she might be in danger.
“This thought came to me, ‘Call the police. Ask them if they can send a police car to check out the area around where she lives,’” said the mother of seven. “I hesitated for a minute, trying to understand, and heard the voice again, ‘Call the police.’ So I did just that. I called the police. I couldn’t explain exactly to the officer why, but I told him I would really appreciate it if he would please send a car to check on the area around her house. He assured me he would, and I calmly went back to bed. I awoke the next day hardly remembering what had occurred during the night.”

Several days later, the Gays were in Utah and heard news on the radio about the arrest of a man in connection with a murder that had taken place near student housing at the University of Utah. Sister Gay then remembered her late-night call to local police.
“While I don’t know exactly what had occurred, I do know that a quiet nudge awoke me in the middle of the night and compelled me to make a call to help ensure my daughter’s safety in what was an apparently unsafe situation,” Sister Gay said. “I am impressed that the only true language we all must hear, know, and understand is the language of the Spirit. May you perfect that language in your life. As you do so, you will be guided, protected and lifted in every needful way.”
https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... l-may-2020

What a shame God didn't prompt the parents of the murder victim prior to their demise, nor give the parents of the kids abused by Bishops a heads up prior to their young lives being shattered.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: How God picks and chooses...

Post by Philo Sofee »

IHAQ wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:41 am
The Gays’ oldest daughter was a student at the University of Utah. Elder and Sister Gay were living in Connecticut. Sister Gay was awakened peacefully one night by a calm impression—one of love for her daughter and of the possibility that she might be in danger.
“This thought came to me, ‘Call the police. Ask them if they can send a police car to check out the area around where she lives,’” said the mother of seven. “I hesitated for a minute, trying to understand, and heard the voice again, ‘Call the police.’ So I did just that. I called the police. I couldn’t explain exactly to the officer why, but I told him I would really appreciate it if he would please send a car to check on the area around her house. He assured me he would, and I calmly went back to bed. I awoke the next day hardly remembering what had occurred during the night.”

Several days later, the Gays were in Utah and heard news on the radio about the arrest of a man in connection with a murder that had taken place near student housing at the University of Utah. Sister Gay then remembered her late-night call to local police.
“While I don’t know exactly what had occurred, I do know that a quiet nudge awoke me in the middle of the night and compelled me to make a call to help ensure my daughter’s safety in what was an apparently unsafe situation,” Sister Gay said. “I am impressed that the only true language we all must hear, know, and understand is the language of the Spirit. May you perfect that language in your life. As you do so, you will be guided, protected and lifted in every needful way.”
https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... l-may-2020

What a shame God didn't prompt the parents of the murder victim prior to their demise, nor give the parents of the kids abused by Bishops a heads up prior to their young lives being shattered.
For every miracle story, there are 1,000 fails where God doesn't deliver. I truly just don't get it.