LSD Trip Leads to Going on a Mission

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Nomomo
Priest

LSD Trip Leads to Going on a Mission

Post by Nomomo »

In the mid 70's a guy from our home town who was a partier was slipped some LSD whithout his knowledge and then dropped off at the local park. A bit later when he was tripping, he waved down some cars of people he knew on our small town's main cruising street and was telling them he had seen God and was told by God to go on a mission. Within a few months he was gone on a mission for the Church. As far as I, or anyone I know in my hometown knows, no one ever had the courage to tell him that his "spiritual experience" where God told him to go on a mission was from being slipped LSD as a prank.
True Story!
Last edited by Nomomo on Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nomomo
Priest

Re: LSD Trip Leads to Going on a Mission

Post by Nomomo »

I wonder if he is still a believing mo today?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Nomomo,
A couple of possibilities come to my mind. First he realizes he has been dosed and let off in the park. He thinks this is a callous act by people he should no longer trust as friends so decides to start a new direction with new associates. Second he had in the back of his mind been thinking about faith and hope in god and the lsd provided a step back to rethink allowing those backroom desires to come forth. Or perhaps God took the opportunity to reach out.

His decision to go on a mission may or may not been a good decision. More likely it was a mix. In any case I do not see the lsd as making it a false decision.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

He might have accidently been slipped some LDS instead.