Nelson gives revelation that God loves Mormons more than others...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Nelson gives revelation that God loves Mormons more than others...

Post by MG 2.0 »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:52 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 1:03 am
What I am saying is that you are not showing that hell exists by posing a question. I don’t need to answer that question, nor does there need to be an answer to the question. Either the doctrine of hell is clearly laid out in the Bible or it is not. I say it is not.
Maybe were at an impasse. Seems we are both seeking the burden of proof from one another.
Par for the course.

LDS Scriptures have something to say in this matter.

But that doesn’t matter here.

Regards,
MG
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:29 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:16 pm

Why don’t you just make your point instead of asking leading questions?

- Doc
Kishkumen stated, "Hell is a false doctrine. It has no solid basis in the Bible."

I asked, "Tell me, then, biblically, what becomes of those who continue to rebel against God until the last day [coming of Christ/final judgement to clarify]?

An invitation for Kishkumen to show me from biblical scripture where I err, and for me to consider changing my view if warranted. That is the point. He may or may not be interested and that is fine with me. I'm sure we both would like to enjoy this beautiful day instead of going back and forth on a discussion board.
I guess when I read this
msnobody wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:11 pm
… I'm referring to the day of the Lord or the day Christ returns and final judgement. Biblically, what becomes of those who rebel against God up until the day Christ returns?
I thought you already had a Biblical basis for a real Hell, whatever its nature is or isn’t.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:28 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:52 am

Maybe were at an impasse. Seems we are both seeking the burden of proof from one another.
Par for the course.

Regards,
MG
I’d feel grumpy too if I felt like I had to sit through days of General Conference pablum.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:35 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:28 pm

Par for the course.

Regards,
MG
I’d feel grumpy too if I felt like I had to sit through days of General Conference pablum.

- Doc
Not grumpy here. Uplifted.

Regards,
MG
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I can see uncertainty about the idea of hell in the Bible. I also do not think it is reasonable to expect to find answers to every question in the Bible. Hunting for comments which might be clues is an uncertain matter.
Protestants are the ones who push the idea that the Bible is the final word on doctrine. Then when something is not covered in the Bible, they make allowances for hellfire?

LOL.

Yes, I am aware that there is a clear doctrine of divine punishment. What is unclear, and most likely just wrong, is the idea of souls eternally tortured in a place called hell. It is one thing to say that the fires don’t go out, and another to insist that people are left there forever.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:54 pm
I can see uncertainty about the idea of hell in the Bible. I also do not think it is reasonable to expect to find answers to every question in the Bible. Hunting for comments which might be clues is an uncertain matter.
Protestants are the ones who push the idea that the Bible is the final word on doctrine. Then when something is not covered in the Bible, they make allowances for hellfire?

LOL.

Yes, I am aware that there is a clear doctrine of divine punishment. What is unclear, and most likely just wrong, is the idea of souls eternally tortured in a place called hell. It is one thing to say that the fires don’t go out, and another to insist that people are left there forever.
I suspect the hell view is a misapplied and misunderstood of God's glory in fire. It would not surprise me in the least if it has been misunderstood and had it turned on its head...
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:54 pm

LOL.

Kishkumen, I am much inclined to agree with you here.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

dastardly stem wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:21 pm

Likewise traditional Christians speaks as if God loves them more than any Mormon. Mormons are wrong. God lets them get tricked while they think they are really experiencing God. One day they'll know, but for most it'll be too late.
Huh? I don't recognize the Christians that you describe here as speaking as if God loves them more than any Mormon. Not even close.

Can you share a more specific experience you've had with that type of interaction yourself where statements were made to that effect?

Have you ever gotten that vibe on these boards from me or others who identify as non-LDS Christian?

Ftr, I do absolutely believe that LDS can experience God, know Jesus, and discern the leading of the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost as LDS refer to it in the language of their faith.

I wanted to get into the hell doctrine piece of this thread (reading it backwards as I often do) so I went to the beginning and found your post here. I'd appreciate it if you would answer the bolded questions I posed to you.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:12 pm
I suspect the hell view is a misapplied and misunderstood of God's glory in fire. It would not surprise me in the least if it has been misunderstood and had it turned on its head...
Oh wise Philo! You know your stuff, sir. Yes, the glory of God smites those who are unworthy of it. The Glory of God is unquenchable fire. The problem with hell, from a Trinitarian perspective, is it is conceived as a place where there is no God. So much for the omnipresence of Deity!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:32 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 1:21 pm

Likewise traditional Christians speaks as if God loves them more than any Mormon. Mormons are wrong. God lets them get tricked while they think they are really experiencing God. One day they'll know, but for most it'll be too late.
Huh? I don't recognize the Christians that you describe here as speaking as if God loves them more than any Mormon. Not even close.

Can you share a more specific experience you've had with that type of interaction yourself where statements were made to that effect?

Have you ever gotten that vibe on these boards from me or others who identify as non-LDS Christian?

Ftr, I do absolutely believe that LDS can experience God, know Jesus, and discern the leading of the Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost as LDS refer to it in the language of their faith.

I wanted to get into the hell doctrine piece of this thread (reading it backwards as I often do) so I went to the beginning and found your post here. I'd appreciate it if you would answer the bolded questions I posed to you.
Speaking for myself, I have not encountered Christians who thought God loved them better than me.