"what the [lds] church misrepresented in the AP article response"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: "what the [lds] church misrepresented in the AP article response"

Post by consiglieri »

Is it too much to say the church acted so as to allow known child sex abuse to continue, that such is unacceptable and measures should be taken to never allow this to happen again?

One would think we could all agree on this point.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:32 pm
Is it too much to say the church acted so as to allow known child sex abuse to continue, that such is unacceptable and measures should be taken to never allow this to happen again?

One would think.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

consiglieri wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:32 pm

At least work to fulfill the last phrase [and measures should be taken to never allow this to happen again] if the admission of guilt is too hard for the supposed one and only ....
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:51 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:48 pm

I see the piece of crap is still being a piece of crap.
This is getting old, Doc. I think others might be getting a bit weary of your shenanigans too. But maybe not.

Regards,
MG
When are you going to boycott your pedophile-protecting “church”?
Lee Dalton, "has admitted to molesting 43 boys." over the years. He was incarcerated for child molestation. “More than a decade ago, Dalton served 3 1/2 years in the state prison at Gunnison for molesting a boy. The statute of limitations has run out on the dozens of other crimes against boys he admits to abusing starting in the mid-1960s.”

“He was allowed decades of exposure to young boys both as a Scout leader and as a teacher in the Ohio towns of Hiram and Burton. His Bishop still called him to lead a scout troop but had safeguards in place to assure that he was never alone with a Scout."
You’re pathetic.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Here’s another for the clucking piece of trash:
Richard Kenneth Ray "This case involved molestations of a two year-old girl whom Ray and his wife babysat for a year and a half. The suit alleged negligence for the Church's failure to report Ray to authorities and in counseling offered to Ray. This case was the subject of an Arizona Court of Appeals ruling that the priest penitent privilege waiver did not apply because the perpetrator later confessed to police. The court ordered Mormon Bishops to reveal what Ray had told them about prior molestations. The Church settled the case on January 9, 1990, the day of trial, for an undisclosed amount."
The “church” didn’t want the public to know they were knowingly giving safe harbor to an active child molester. This is what [personal attack removed, FR 2 -- RI] is defending.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:59 pm
Here’s another for the clucking piece of trash:
Richard Kenneth Ray "This case involved molestations of a two year-old girl whom Ray and his wife babysat for a year and a half. The suit alleged negligence for the Church's failure to report Ray to authorities and in counseling offered to Ray. This case was the subject of an Arizona Court of Appeals ruling that the priest penitent privilege waiver did not apply because the perpetrator later confessed to police. The court ordered Mormon Bishops to reveal what Ray had told them about prior molestations. The Church settled the case on January 9, 1990, the day of trial, for an undisclosed amount."
The “church” didn’t want the public to know they were knowingly giving safe harbor to an active child molester. This is what [personal attack removed, FR 2 -- RI] is defending.

- Doc
At this point it is rather obvious that you are using me as a punching bag. If it helps you vent your anger, carry on.

Regards,
MG
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:57 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:44 pm

If I'm a hypocrite for thinking that raping kids is wrong, then I will wear that title as a badge of absolute honor.
That's not what I said at all. You're a hypocrite for the reasons I mentioned.

Looks like there isn't going to be any real discussion on the points/questions I brought up.

Just deflection.

That you folks could be so calloused is unfortunately not unfamiliar in our society today.

The life of the unborn is ignored. People such as yourself look the other way.

Child rape and abuse SHOULD be on the radar. If the church and other religious institutions can make adjustments to protect the victim at all costs, I am totally on board with that.

Got that, Doc?

Regards,
MG
You’re just clucking out some lie. You’ll never demand this from your “church”, you’ll keep attending knowing full well that right now your “church” is giving safe harbor to full-on pedophiles and perderasts, and you’ll keep giving money to men so they can keep everything quiet and carry on with business as usual.

Man, you’ve really shown who you are. You defend this. You take part in this. This is who you are. I hope to god a kid is never in the place in life where you have to make an ethical choice between putting their abuser away and embarrassing your “church”, or you just rolling along with concealing the crime. We know exactly what you’d do.

- Doc
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I'm currently doing surgery on this thread. I'll post when I'm done.

ETA: I have finished reviewing this thread. I split some posts off into three different threads: (1) a Terrestial thread on the topic of abortion (UR 4); (2) a Terrestial "Off Topic" thread (UR 4); and a Telestial version of the thread (UR4, FR 2).
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:58 pm

ETA: I have finished reviewing this thread. I split some posts off into three different threads: (1) a Terrestial thread on the topic of abortion (UR 4); (2) a Terrestial "Off Topic" thread (UR 4); and a Telestial version of the thread (UR4, FR 2).
Thank you!
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:59 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 3:58 pm

Thank you!
Well done. Thanks.

Regards,
MG