More Allegations Of Racial Slurs By BYU Against Visiting Soccer Team

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: More Allegations Of Racial Slurs By BYU Against Visiting Soccer Team

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Right, but what forebodings?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:12 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:58 am

What forebodings?

- Doc
You focus on darkness rather than light.

That is the point of this thread. Read my previous post. I choose to look for the good.

It’s there. In abundance.

Back biting constantly is corrosive to the human spirit.

Regards,
MG
MG, I usually completely ignore what you write here, but this is just one of the silliest things you've posted. Dr. CamNC4Me focuses on darkness rather than light? Seriously? Good Lord!

Dr. Cam is one of the most light-hearted and hilarious posters here. I've personally witnessed him reaching out to help members of this board in real life several times.

That's a hell of lot more than you've done, here or in in real life. You would do well to follow his example.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:58 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:12 am

You focus on darkness rather than light.

That is the point of this thread. Read my previous post. I choose to look for the good.

It’s there. In abundance.

Back biting constantly is corrosive to the human spirit.

Regards,
MG
MG, I usually completely ignore what you write here, but this is just one of the silliest things you've posted. Dr. CamNC4Me focuses on darkness rather than light? Seriously? Good Lord!

Dr. Cam is one of the most light-hearted and hilarious posters here. I've personally witnessed him reaching out to help members of this board in real life several times.

That's a hell of lot more than you've done, here or in in real life. You would do well to follow his example.
Light hearted and halarious doesn’t have anything to do with focusing on brick biting rather than reasons to build up. Although I must admit his response to your opening post was rather hopeful from the perspective of his looking at this new story with eyes of doubt. I’ll hand him that.

I don’t blame you for not reading many of my posts. The wicked take the truth to be hard. 😉🤭

Why did you start this thread?

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:18 am
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:58 am

Light hearted and halarious doesn’t have anything to do with focusing on brick biting rather than reasons to build up. Although I must admit his response to your opening post was rather hopeful from the perspective of his looking at this new story with eyes of doubt. I’ll hand him that.

I don’t blame you for not reading many of my posts. The wicked take the truth to be hard. 😉🤭

Regards,
MG
:lol: and more of the same.
Dr Moore wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:06 pm
...MG jumps in to troll...And around and around. MG doesn’t give two craps about data, methodology or logic. All he wants is to get people mad. #ignorethetroll
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:28 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:18 am

Regards,
MG
Dr Moore wrote:
...MG jumps in to troll...And around and around. MG doesn’t give two craps about data, methodology or logic. All he wants is to get people mad. #ignorethetroll
Then ignore, willya? 🙂

You have not been following your own advice. I would be more than happy to have you ignore me. 😁

If indeed I’m a simple troll, others will see right through it and stop feeding me. And yet, here we are.

I think there’s something else at play…

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:35 am
Marcus wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:28 am

Then ignore, willya? 🙂

You have not been following your own advice. I would be more than happy to have you ignore me. 😁

If indeed I’m a simple troll, others will see right through it and stop feeding me. And yet, here we are.

I think there’s something else at play…

Regards,
MG
Dr Moore wrote:
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:28 pm
My guess is that the chant by BYU fans of "Cougars, Cougars" was misinterpreted.
The soccer players had knelt during the national anthem to protest racial and social injustice when they reportedly heard shouts of 'Stand up, N-words.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sport ... crowd.html

Why, during the playing of the national anthem, would BYU fans chant "stand up Cougars" when they weren't the team kneeling down?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:32 am
Why, during the playing of the national anthem, would BYU fans chant "stand up Cougars" when they weren't the team kneeling down?
I didn't know the chant took place during the national anthem. My apologies.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:20 am
IHAQ wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:32 am
I didn't know the chant took place during the national anthem. My apologies.
Looks like another instance of no there there.

I’m still curious as to why Mr. Chung even started this thread.

You figure, maybe, that somethin’ has got to stick if you keep throwing crap out there?

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:48 pm
...You figure, maybe, that somethin’ has got to stick if you keep throwing crap out there?
:lol: throwing nonsense up there to see what "crap" (to quote you) sticks is your strategy, mentalgymnast.