More Allegations Of Racial Slurs By BYU Against Visiting Soccer Team

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: More Allegations Of Racial Slurs By BYU Against Visiting Soccer Team

Post by MG 2.0 »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:52 pm
At the same time, the Church explicitly blotted out an article of faith, scripture, that said to gather Israel. The brethren freaked out and stopped SLC from becoming a multicultural hub. And so while it's bringing in diverse converts onto the membership rolls, they are to stay in their areas and build their areas. And so what it looks like, and nobody has access to the books to say one way or another, is that white SLC headquarters is getting richer and richer, and enriching the privileged families with the right last names -- Church headquarters is metaphorically one of the apologists' hand carried chariots with white chariot occupants and colored carriers, the carriers being the vassal states sending tithes back to buy SLC for real estate. It's a similar model to Putin's Russia, as I understand it. Although in the case of Russia, there are geographic barriers that would make democratizing difficult. The Church is more of a virtual empire and so the real barriers that there are are upheld by doctrine that maintains Zion is fragmented.
Oh my, what a jaundiced view.

That folks around the world who join the church would want stay and live in their own country and home.

God forbid that people would rather do that than move to another country/home. 😉

And that this is part of some nefarious plan. Good grief.

Regards,
MG
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

IHAQ wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:47 pm
You could have responded with "IHAQ, I wasn't suggesting that the Church's racism was all in the past, what I meant was...". But no - sanctimony was what you went with. <shrug>
Because when you behave like a jerk, it is my job to be nice to you. LOL.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:52 pm
At the same time, the Church explicitly blotted out an article of faith, scripture, that said to gather Israel. The brethren freaked out and stopped SLC from becoming a multicultural hub. And so while it's bringing in diverse converts onto the membership rolls, they are to stay in their areas and build their areas. And so what it looks like, and nobody has access to the books to say one way or another, is that white SLC headquarters is getting richer and richer, and enriching the privileged families with the right last names -- Church headquarters is metaphorically one of the apologists' hand carried chariots with white chariot occupants and colored carriers, the carriers being the vassal states sending tithes back to buy SLC for real estate. It's a similar model to Putin's Russia, as I understand it. Although in the case of Russia, there are geographic barriers that would make democratizing difficult. The Church is more of a virtual empire and so the real barriers that there are are upheld by doctrine that maintains Zion is fragmented.
Yeah, that's a very one-sided and negative view one can certainly take.

Thing is, I don't see the LDS Church as just being its hierarchy. Most hierarchies leech off of the good people who belong to a community. That does not invalidate the good things that sometimes happen despite the machinations of the leaders. In any case, the pro-immigration stance of the leadership, whatever its motivation, does combine with other expansive aspects of Mormon theology to increase the tendency toward diversity on the ground.

Lots of really neat things happen in LDS communities around the world because Mormonism brought them together. To hell with rich white guys in Utah.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:32 pm
To hell with rich white guys in Utah.
But then again, one might ask themselves what the worldwide church would look like…or more importantly whether it would even exist…without the leadership of the Prophet and the Twelve Apostles.

That they also happen to have been successful in life shouldn’t be held against them, in my opinion.

To desire that they be sent to hell is a bit over the top.

Regards,
MG
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:26 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:47 pm
You could have responded with "IHAQ, I wasn't suggesting that the Church's racism was all in the past, what I meant was...". But no - sanctimony was what you went with. <shrug>
Because when you behave like a jerk, it is my job to be nice to you. LOL.
In what way was my initial response to you “behaving like a jerk”?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

IHAQ wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:51 pm
I consider it very rude to misread someone, erroneously correct them, and, to top it all off, blame them for not being copacetic with it.

You are asking me to justify myself for being irked with you for being rude!

Priceless.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:46 pm
But then again, one might ask themselves what the worldwide church would look like…or more importantly whether it would even exist…without the leadership of the Prophet and the Twelve Apostles.

That they also happen to have been successful in life shouldn’t be held against them, in my opinion.

Regards,
MG
To hell with them. As in, I don’t pay them any mind. They don’t matter to me. I don’t care whether they are successful or not. They can be or cannot be. Meh.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:22 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:46 pm

Regards,
MG
To hell with them. As in, I don’t pay them any mind. They don’t matter to me. I don’t care whether they are successful or not. They can be or cannot be. Meh.
Fence sitter, huh?

Regards,
MG
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:03 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 5:51 pm
I consider it very rude to misread someone, erroneously correct them, and, to top it all off, blame them for not being copacetic with it.

You are asking me to justify myself for being irked with you for being rude!

Priceless.
Misreading a persons post is “very rude” and “behaving like a jerk”? You’re right. How dare I misread one of your Highnesses pearls that you’ve deigned to cast before the swine of this board. I shall avert my eyes whenever you walk past so as to avoid soiling Your Majesty’s Empire any further.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:18 pm
Fence sitter, huh?

Regards,
MG
Not at all. I don't view the world as a binary. Perhaps you do. That's up to you.