More Allegations Of Racial Slurs By BYU Against Visiting Soccer Team

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: More Allegations Of Racial Slurs By BYU Against Visiting Soccer Team

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:52 pm
Honestly, I was throwing in a bit of (LDS old time doctrine related) humor and tossing it your way. If I offended you, I'm sorry. :(

Regards,
MG
Old time doctrine such as race being linked with fence sitting? Yeah, that’s not funny, but I am not offended. Just embarrassed for you.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gadianton
God

Re: More Allegations Of Racial Slurs By BYU Against Visiting Soccer Team

Post by Gadianton »

MG 2.0 wrote:That folks around the world who join the church would want stay and live in their own country and home.

God forbid that people would rather do that than move to another country/home.
I think you misunderstand, MG. Save young women forced back to become polygamous wives to your sex-crazed prophets in the early days, the problem isn't foreign converts who want to stay in their own country. People who want to stay in their country to my knowledge have never been told they can't. The problem is when they wish to emigrate to SLC, and the doctrine of the literal gathering of Israel made for great justification. Why wait until the Second Coming? Get a head start now. It wasn't so bad with earlier UK and European converts, but with Latin American or African converts? The church had to actively discourage that can of worms and so it changed its doctrine.

Now before you feel too special for being white, you're nothing to the Brethren. You're basically white trash. Same for me, but I've had a few apostles who rub elbows with the wealthy side of the family and know that they see themselves and the main families as royalty and people like you as paupers.
They laugh at the vanilla saints like yourself who dutifully support them without questioning.