Bednar caught in conference plagiarism

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Re: Bednar caught in conference plagiarism

Post by sock puppet »

IHAQ wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:07 pm
This is arguably one of the biggest errors ever made at a General Conference. Bednar has been caught being dishonest over the pulpit. He's taken the words and thoughts and conclusions of John O. Reid and presented them at Conference as if they were the words God had inspired him, Bednar, to deliver.
Perhaps Elohim had his name changed to John O. Reid.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Quantum mechanics = Mormonism because "complicated "

-_-
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:24 pm

-_-
Believers see God or their religion in all the complicated or unknown areas of reality and often pounce on any opportunity to exploit everyone for their own vain ambition. God approves, I guess. When the confusion starts to clear up in one area, they move to the next. Since we'll always have something unknown before us, believers will always have a dark covered corner to stick their God in. Bednar weasels out of facing the facts of his deception, following his great God's example.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:38 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:24 pm

-_-
Believers see God or their religion in all the complicated or unknown areas of reality and often pounce on any opportunity to exploit everyone for their own vain ambition. God approves, I guess. When the confusion starts to clear up in one area, they move to the next. Since we'll always have something unknown before us, believers will always have a dark covered corner to stick their God in. Bednar weasels out of facing the facts of his deception, following his great God's example.
I was listening to a podcast involving suspending disbelief versus certitude. If you look at any religion there are a wide swath of claims that any rational person would have to suspend disbelieve. Words on rocks? Talking donkeys? Voices from burning bushes? When a believer claims everyone knows there is a God some just suppress it. This seems to be the flip side from a non believer mindset. This seems to be where many believers dwell. That region where it is too absurd but other tensions keep them there.