Peterson puts words into Elder Cooks mouth.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

Peterson puts words into Elder Cooks mouth.

Post by IHAQ »

I think that it was Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve who, in the second to the last talk of the just-concluded October conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, knowing that the concluding speaker would be President Russell M. Nelson, bore his testimony that President Nelson is, in our time, the chosen prophet of God for the entire world. It’s a breathtakingly grand claim.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... acity.html
It is a breathtakingly grand claim, but alas, it's a claim Cook didn't actually make...
I am grateful that we will now hear from President Nelson. I testify that President Nelson is the Lord’s prophet for our day. I love and treasure the marvelous inspiration and guidance we receive through him.
https://abn.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... k?lang=eng

Presumably Peterson will now correct his misleading blog post and avoid causing Cook trouble with his Islamic peers. Who might take Peterson's words at face value and think Cook just demoted the Prophet Mohammed. I'd also recommend he pay closer attention in future when listening to General Conference talks.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Peterson puts words into Elder Cooks mouth.

Post by Philo Sofee »

And don't forget the Book of Mormon really, really, really did happen in just where Joseph Smith said it did... in Mesoamerica. :D
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:11 pm
And don't forget the Book of Mormon really, really, really did happen in just where Joseph Smith said it did... in Mesoamerica. :D
And the earth is flat!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:51 pm
And the earth is flat!
Oh yeah? Well, what keeps all the water from running off the edges? Dr. Peterson won't fall for that malarky.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace