Church Sent Patients to Sex Therapist — Even After Being Accused of Abuse

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Church Sent Patients to Sex Therapist — Even After Being Accused of Abuse

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:19 am
...you want to place limitations on God and how he works in the world. Setting those limitations and ‘dying by the sword’ defending your dogmatic requirements...
How are your rules not also "limitations on God"??
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:15 am
Something things that ought to be said at this point.

I think:

1) It is rather obvious that God gives a LOT of latitude to human beings. Sometimes human beings, including religious leaders, don’t always meet up to God’s expectations.

1.5) That is what the atonement of Jesus Christ is for. He will make everything right. He will right every wrong that human beings inflict upon each other.

2) Large organizations are not always going to do the right thing at the right time because of what might be referred to as bureaucratic inertia.

2.5) Change may be slow as a result.

3) God, knowing the end from the beginning has fail safe mechanisms along the way to bring things to a more perfect state of equilibrium and righteousness.

3.5) That can be a slow process when free agent human beings are involved.

4) We have a natural urge to tell God how to do things. When he doesn’t do things our way we get pissed....
Recall we are talking about how to stop sexual abuse within church settings. Arguing the problem boils down to something like "bureaucratic inertia" is bizarre.
These are not limitations on God. Unless you are suggesting that God do the impossible and/or disrupt the plan for mankind in which agency reigns paramount.

Marcus, in the last post I made responding to you I know I was very tactful and straightforward. I don’t apologize for that.

Sometimes a spade needs to be called a spade. You appear, at least to me, to be VERY brittle and unbending in looking at possibilities that disrupt your personal ‘flow’. It’s somewhat maddening.

My guess is that others have seen this trait expressed also but will not say anything because your position on most things dovetails with theirs. So they put up with your shenanigans.

It is what it is.

I would prefer to not spend any more time with you on this thread or any other recent thread where you’ve basically come in for the purpose to derail or set up a strawman.

Thanks.

Regards,
MG

P.S. yes, bureaucratic inertia is a thing. It’s not “bizarre”.

Good day. 🙂
Last edited by MG 2.0 on Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:21 pm

You have a soul sickness that’s terminal. You’ll die defending this sham. You’ll enable them through your verbal, financial, and physical support. It’s disgusting, and by complicit association you’re dirty.

- Doc
I’m willing to let others determine whether you are being unfair at this point.

I’m done with you on this thread. You’ve had the last word. You can say whatever you want, even if untrue.

Good day to you also.🙂

Peace.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:24 pm

Marcus, in the last post I made responding to you I know I was very tactful and straightforward. I don’t apologize for that.
:lol: Either these words don't mean what you think they mean, or you are losing your grasp on the written word.

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:24 pm
Marcus wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:19 am

Recall we are talking about how to stop sexual abuse within church settings. Arguing the problem boils down to something like "bureaucratic inertia" is bizarre.
P.S. yes, bureaucratic inertia is a thing. It’s New Testament “bizarre”.
I don't think you read the sentence, so i'll try again. In a thread about how knowledge of sexual abuse is mishandled within a church setting, and for a very long time, you've offered this apparently by way of explanation
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:15 am
Something things that ought to be said at this point.

I think:. .

2) Large organizations are not always going to do the right thing at the right time because of what might be referred to as bureaucratic inertia.

2.5) Change may be slow as a result.
The lds church is so far past "slow change" at this point that this defense just reads as an offensive attempt to blindly justify.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:45 am

This is what i meant by members of the lds church being trapped into defending very bad positions:
marcus wrote: The "institutional doctrine that "worldly ways" are inferior to the Church's ways" is a key point. Some members seem to feel they have to defend "the Church's ways" in all circumstances. the amount of twisting and turning this causes leaves the members hurt, but it is certainly the only openly accepted way, at least at the moment. It does not reflect well on the lds church, and continues to trap people in defending very bad positions.
We're getting a lot of attempts at justification of an indefensible position in this thread. I'm going to assume it's coming from, as Dr. Moore put it, someone's need to irritate and troll.

Does the average TBM feel this way? I hope not.