Jeff Bradshaw giving a fireside on the Masonic temple rites in 8 hours - zoom link

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Jeff Bradshaw giving a fireside on the Masonic temple rites in 8 hours - zoom link

Post by Philo Sofee »

I would honestly love to see a recording of it. Jeff is a good speaker and very knowledgable. I am going to get his book today if possible as well. It will add to the growing discussion occurring now concerning Freemasonry and the relationship to Mormon ritual.
IHAQ
God

Re: Jeff Bradshaw giving a fireside on the Masonic temple rites in 8 hours - zoom link

Post by IHAQ »

First of all, I want to apologize to all of those who, on my recommendation, tried to watch the promised fireside by Jeffrey Mark Bradshaw this past Sunday night. (See “Virtual Fireside Tonight on “Freemasonry and the Origins of Latter-day Saint Temple Ordinances.”“) Something technological went wrong, I guess, and, for whatever little it may be worth, I wasn’t able to watch the fireside either. (I don’t know whether anybody was.)
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... hurch.html
:lol:
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

That's too bad his book of Moses book was so long and useless and expensive (100 bucks I'll never see again) he was bound to provide something interesting on Masonic temple rites.

Oh man, I'm on one these past few days, huh?
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

dastardly stem wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:42 pm
That's too bad his book of Moses book was so long and useless and expensive (100 bucks I'll never see again) he was bound to provide something interesting on Masonic temple rites.

Oh man, I'm on one these past few days, huh?
No, it's all good amigo!
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

There seems to be some kerfuffle between Bradshaw and an author called Lloyd Ericson over some kind of unethical publishing activity on the part of Bradshaw…
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 8:14 am
There seems to be some kerfuffle between Bradshaw and an author called Lloyd Ericson over some kind of unethical publishing activity on the part of Bradshaw…
Yeah, Bradshaw begged for a review copy so he could use Infinite Method to prop up his own book. No review has materialized.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I saw Bradshaw's hour video on Freemasonry. If he did borrow Method Infinite to prop him up it didn't work.
the_narrator
Nursery

Post by the_narrator »

IHAQ wrote:
Hhere iis tthe ttwitter tthread aabout iit aall: https://Twitter.com/loydo38/status/1582130166771290112

TLDR: Bradshaw requested--or rather begged--to get an advance reading copy of Bruno, Litersksi, and Swick's Method Infinite: Freemasonry and The Mormon Restoration so that he would have plenty of time to write a review for The Interpreter. However, instead of writing a review, he and The Interpreter used that review copy to write a competing 550+ page book (quoting from it at least 15 times) that they published the same week as Method Infinite. Bradshaw claims he hasn't had time to write the review yet.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

the_narrator wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:38 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Hhere iis tthe ttwitter tthread aabout iit aall: https://Twitter.com/loydo38/status/1582130166771290112

TLDR: Bradshaw requested--or rather begged--to get an advance reading copy of Bruno, Litersksi, and Swick's Method Infinite: Freemasonry and The Mormon Restoration so that he would have plenty of time to write a review for The Interpreter. However, instead of writing a review, he and The Interpreter used that review copy to write a competing 550+ page book (quoting from it at least 15 times) that they published the same week as Method Infinite. Bradshaw claims he hasn't had time to write the review yet.
Wow a 550 page book in less than 3 months? What's he...trying to compete with Joseph Smith here? I thought nobody could do that?

This sounds terrible though. He got an advanced copy in order to write a competing book? I can't imagine the temerity that takes.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

the_narrator wrote:
Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:38 pm
IHAQ wrote:

You may not have seen that Dr. Peterson has offered some brief comments on his blog. Here's one: "I'm not sure how it implicates the Interpreter Foundation as such -- any more than it implicates all the people of the Great Basin West, or all the people of the United States, where Interpreter is based -- even taking the worst possible view of it."
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857