Jeff Bradshaw giving a fireside on the Masonic temple rites in 8 hours - zoom link

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Jeff Bradshaw giving a fireside on the Masonic temple rites in 8 hours - zoom link

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:36 pm
Lincoln Cannon wrote:

"I'm criticizing you and Interpreter Foundation for providing a platform for a maliciously-intended and poorly-informed publication targeted at me."

Dear Lincoln:

It's the Interpreter Foundation, for crying out loud. You know, the zombified form of the deceased FARMS Review. What the Hell did you think would happen when you submitted your work to them??

(Not to belabor the point, but) With all due respect, you're like the zookeeper who throws the lion a T-Bone steak, then when the lion eats it, shouts "Bad lion! How dare you eat my steak?"
Yes, obviously not a new low for Interpreter, but perhaps a new low for Jeff Bradshaw.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Jeff Bradshaw giving a fireside on the Masonic temple rites in 8 hours - zoom link

Post by Dr. Shades »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:01 pm
Yes, obviously not a new low for Interpreter, but perhaps a new low for Jeff Bradshaw.
He's a big wig at the Interpreter Foundation. How and why would he get a free pass that the rest don't get?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:04 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:01 pm
He's a big wig at the Interpreter Foundation. How and why would he get a free pass that the rest don't get?
Perhaps Kishkumen is thinking of the Interpreter's efforts to limbo under bits and flecks of history going up crematoria smokestacks.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Steven Glover
an hour ago
I love your sarcasm (one sarcastic person to another, of course!) Are you a fan of The Babylon Bee? It tickles my sarcasm bone. I find us Sarcastic people are not much appreciated or well understood. :(

DanielPeterson Steven Glover
an hour ago
Yes. I really like the Babylon Bee.

And I even sometimes like The Onion, despite its leaning left and despite its sometimes very foul language.

You're right, though, that we're often not appreciated. At least some of my reputation for viciousness and nastiness, I think, comes from my sense of humor. (A large chunk of the rest of it has simply been systematically manufactured and cultivated.)

Interpreter is just one big joke, and the joke is on all of you for taking it seriously and not understanding the comedic depths of Peterson’s superlative sense of humor.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr. Shades wrote:
You kill me, Shades.

Do you always judge individuals and organizations on the same basis?

I mean, Kevin Barney, one of my favorite people, once was on the board at FAIR. FAIR has pulled some real crappy moves in the past. Does that make Kevin Barney individually responsible for all of these things?

How much time have you spent in organizational meetings, hashing things out with other people, some of whom you deeply disagree with?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
NorthboundZax
Nursery

Post by NorthboundZax »

Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 7.04.42 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 7.04.42 PM.png (255.54 KiB) Viewed 555 times
Seems that Bradshaw is essentially claiming to have successfully accomplished Nibley's Book of Mormon of challenge.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:36 pm
Lincoln Cannon wrote:

"I'm criticizing you and Interpreter Foundation for providing a platform for a maliciously-intended and poorly-informed publication targeted at me."

Dear Lincoln:

It's the Interpreter Foundation, for crying out loud. You know, the zombified form of the deceased FARMS Review. What the Hell did you think would happen when you submitted your work to them??
I don’t think this is accurate, Dr. Shades. My recollection is that Greg Smith wrote yet another one of his patented “hit pieces” about the Mormon Transhumanists, and Cannon caught wind of this prior to the hit piece’s publication and began publicly complaining about it. In an effort to placate him, DCP rather disingenuously told him that he was welcome to submit a response essay, but Cannon never wound up doing that. Hence why, in these latest exchanges, Peterson keeps repeating the refrain about “You could have submitted a response!” Can you imagine such a thing going through Interpreter’s “peer review”?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:51 am
Can you imagine such a thing going through Interpreter’s “peer review”?
Mopologetics was always about trashing the things that the Sister in Parowan *might* be freaked out by. The unfair treatment they have doled out to so many authors and so many works is shameful.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:19 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 1:51 am
Can you imagine such a thing going through Interpreter’s “peer review”?
Mopologetics was always about trashing the things that the Sister in Parowan *might* be freaked out by. The unfair treatment they have doled out to so many authors and so many works is shameful.
How many Mormons are even potentially threatened by a book on Mormon Transhumanism?

They’re treating these authors like they’re as much of a threat as John Dehlin, Rock Waterman, or Jonathan Neville. I guess Dan Peterson’s friends only have one mode: attack.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 19, 2022 7:44 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
You kill me, Shades.

Do you always judge individuals and organizations on the same basis?
It depends on the organization. If it’s, say, the Nazi party or the KKK, then yes, I tend to judge individuals and organizations on the same basis.
I mean, Kevin Barney, one of my favorite people, once was on the board at FAIR. FAIR has pulled some real crappy moves in the past. Does that make Kevin Barney individually responsible for all of these things?
I’m sure not every member of the Crips has a proclivity toward violence, but the fact that they choose to affiliate with such a group is a respectably accurate window into their character.
How much time have you spent in organizational meetings, hashing things out with other people, some of whom you deeply disagree with?
With organizations with whose ideology and methodology I fundamentally disagree? No time whatsoever.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024