Jenn Kamp Files Lawsuit Against John Dehlin

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Jenn Kamp Files Lawsuit Against John Dehlin

Post by Moksha »

dastardly stem wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:09 pm
If he's not the meanie who deserves to be publicly called out and legally challenged, like Kamp and others think, then it's a shame.
Couldn't we at least do the advance preparation for burning him at the Stake and making assignments to set up and take down the folding chairs for spectators? Any chance we could get Kwaku and the Midnight Mormons to provide the music and entertainment?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 1:46 am
dastardly stem wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:09 pm
If he's not the meanie who deserves to be publicly called out and legally challenged, like Kamp and others think, then it's a shame.
Couldn't we at least do the advance preparation for burning him at the Stake and making assignments to set up and take down the folding chairs for spectators? Any chance we could get Kwaku and the Midnight Mormons to provide the music and entertainment?
Yeah...I don't see Dehlin as a victim simply because women have complained about him. I mean it could be the complaints all amount to nothing. And I hold out that possibility to the same level of probability as if something, what, kind of untoward happened. I don't think, for instance, this case with Kamp will result in Dehlin coming out guilty. I don't know why holding out possibilities is being treated as burning at the stake. The poor guy isn't a victim because women have complained about him. He's not a beleaguered person getting hosed by some overpowering force.

In the wake of this who fiasco with Kamp, I remembered the initial letter of 14 women who signed a statement against Dehlin. Granted the letter is vague and basically useless. it reminds me of the 8 witnesses. But I'm also not quick to think these women (4 added their names to it) are just fools complaining for the sake of complaining. They seem to be smart enough to realize if they put their name on something it really means something. I can't tell what it means based on the content, but you know...I'm happy to leave them at their word for now. That doesn't mean I think Dehlin is guilty of anything near abuse. I don't know. I do think it means they all think there is something worth complaining about. Fools, all of them? I don't know.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

dastardly stem wrote:
Mon Oct 31, 2022 2:00 pm
I don't know. I do think it means they all think there is something worth complaining about. Fools, all of them? I don't know.
Sometimes a chunk of the falling sky might signal a mass extinction event, which is worth snowballing into a widespread panic at least to Center Street in Provo. I want the particulars of what fell from the sky before I fall into line behind Foxy Loxy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:25 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
I don't know. I do think it means they all think there is something worth complaining about. Fools, all of them? I don't know.
Sometimes a chunk of the falling sky might signal a mass extinction event, which is worth snowballing into a widespread panic at least to Center Street in Provo. I want the particulars of what fell from the sky before I fall into line behind Foxy Loxy.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
_Mercury
_Emeritus

Post by _Mercury »

John Dehlin is an opportunist tech bro. He saw an opportunity to get $$$ and tail by becoming a figurehead of the fence sitters.

He's Joseph Smith without the rock in a hat.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:25 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
I'm not much different. I'm not saying he, nor anyone is guilty. I don't know. But that doesn't keep the complaints from coming out.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
master_dc
Star B

Post by master_dc »

_Mercury wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:17 pm
John Dehlin is an opportunist tech bro. He saw an opportunity to get $$$ and tail by becoming a figurehead of the fence sitters.

He's Joseph Smith without the rock in a hat.
If you think Dehlin is a tech bro, you don't know many tech bros, lol.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

After taking down her defamatory video a couple of weeks ago, Jenn Kamp has now put it back up again…
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

Is this a sign that her other actions aren't working? Therefore resort to the public shaming or whatever it can be called.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I think Jenn Kamp is doing her level-headed best to give Open Stories Foundation fodder for their inevitable defamation counterclaim.