Jenn Kamp Files Lawsuit Against John Dehlin

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
consiglieri
Prophet

Jenn Kamp Files Lawsuit Against John Dehlin

Post by consiglieri »

Recently fired Open Stories Foundation employee Jenn Kamp launches a salvo over John Dehlin’s bow with new six-minute video about her planned lawsuit.

https://youtu.be/9SAWM-YJwaQ
Moksha
God

Re: Jenn Kamp Files Lawsuit Against John Dehlin

Post by Moksha »

I started a thread a while ago asking what became of Gerardo and Jenn. Now the what portion has been answered without specifics. Sounds like we will find out sooner or later.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

God, she’s so boring I can’t make it through 30 seconds. Whenever she was “co-hosting” with John Dehlin I’d have to ffwd through her parts because she’d either be so cringe, uninformed, or crying that it was unwatchable. She was ill-equipped to be on a podcast, and was regularly unprepared to discuss the topic at hand. When I see others take the time to get their ducks in a row, which takes real work and research, and then J.K. squeaks her way through a segment (and don’t forget the crying) I was always left with the thought, “What does she actually bring to the table?” You gotta be entertaining in this business, or at least so informative that that makes you worth watching. She’s neither.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Bel1954
Nursery

Post by Bel1954 »

Were we separated at birth? Either that or I wrote this post in my sleep! My exact thoughts about JK.She processed her “faith transition” on camera during other people’s interviews. It got old real fast.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

My view:

She didn’t add value to the show.
John told her as much.
She didn’t like how that felt.
She complained that the negative feedback felt hostile.
He gave her more specifics.
She complained more.
They fired her.
Sour grapes.
She is choosing to embarrass John and Open Stories Foundation with litigation.
She will get nothing.
The show will go on.

It’s show business. John is the show. What do people expect? John to flush the show to accommodate the feelings of lesser talent?

Sorry that’s harsh.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Is it just me, or did J/K just publicly announce how badly she was treated by John and Open Stories Foundation without presenting one salient fact?

Who does this remind me of?

It’s on the tip of my tongue…
Tator
CTR B

Post by Tator »

consiglieri wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:00 pm
Is it just me, or did J/K just publicly announce how badly she was treated by John and Open Stories Foundation without presenting one salient fact?

Who does this remind me of?

It’s on the tip of my tongue…
For everyone's sake don't say it.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

So the list of former disaffected employees is:

Rosebud
Kate Money
Kara (but she came back?)
James Patterson
Jenn Kamp

I know John Larsen pissed off his fair share of cohosts as well (forming infants on thrones) but still, at some point John has to ask himself if maybe it’s him.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I agree with the above. She probably couldn't take criticism and I bet her ratings were horrible. Outside of the Mormon context (and even within Mormonism there can be too many emotional outbursts from the pulpit) too much crying seems to tank ratings, at least it does for me.

Also, is there an employment contract? Is she at will? My guess is she is an at will employee that can be fired for any reason with a few exceptions. Retaliation is one of the exceptions but my guess is that this will be shown to be nonsense. Constructive criticism doesn't equate to a hostile work environment. Sure, constant angry tirades could support an emotional distress claim, but, I bet while she will probably claim this, she won't be able to prove it, unless she has a recording showing some juicy conduct. Without a recording showing otherwise, if John can show that his criticism was valid and that Jenn Kamp was just as she portrays herself online, that of an overly emotional person, ready to find ways to be hurt and suffer, and I am sure she drove down the ratings, then this will be over soon.

I hope her attorneys are getting a decent retainer. This doesn't look to me like a contingency case.

P.S. DCP, I'm off to enjoy the day while you are probably sitting through boring meetings justifying the suffering by thinking about your after death fantasy future.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:58 am
I started a thread a while ago asking what became of Gerardo and Jenn. Now the what portion has been answered without specifics. Sounds like we will find out sooner or later.
So this explains what Jenn has been up to.

I understood that the G-meister was moving house and there was nothing suspicious there? Has he made any public pronouncements recently? Or has he had a NDA slapped down on him?

This video feels very dramatic. I sense I may feel let down when the facts come out - if they ever do.

I see Jenn has started her own podcast - "Our Truth Be Told" since her parting with Open Stories Foundation. You can donate on patreon, venmo, etc...

I've often wondered whether John Dehlin is mainly at fault here or whether he just attracts a certain type of colleague who is more vulnerable to take umbrage with his behaviours/actions?

He still seems on good terms with the younger feisty/sassy/charismatic one - can't remember what she's called, even though she left to pursue her own stuff.