Jenn Kamp Files Lawsuit Against John Dehlin

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Jenn Kamp Files Lawsuit Against John Dehlin

Post by Kishkumen »

DrStakhanovite wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:52 am
That is because John Dehlin has been laboring away for years to create this exact state of affairs, this is how you stay relevant. If people aren’t talking about you across multiple social media platforms, then what you say and do doesn’t matter. The kind of metrics Dehlin cares about can’t penetrate things like HIPPA or make it past the scrutiny of research ethics committees. You don’t get the New York Times or minor Utah Celebs contacting you if you are laboring away in the obscurity of private practice helping people conduct CBT exercises and constantly being behind on session notes.
I, too, find the celebrity stuff vomit-inducing.
I got physically uncomfortable watching John’s wife rehearse those carefully selected euphemisms for infidelity, because you could clearly see the amount of emotional pain the issue still caused her and it was readily apparent she had not “moved past” it. Still, John put her in front of that camera and had her do the whole routine and the worst part is that the ex-mo community, across all fronts, just sort of ignored it and carried on as if this incredibly f’ed up incident didn’t happen.

But, hey, Rosebud. Amirite?
It was awful, and I have no idea what the behind-the-scenes dynamic is there. But it is something I really don’t feel so bold as to comment at length on, mostly because I do not want to opine on Margie’s agency in it all. You seem pretty convinced that he twisted her arm to do this. It seems to me that they have become much more of a team. Call me a hypocrite, but I feel safer keeping my nose out of it.

Rosebud and her gimp come here to push their crap on us. But, hey, that’s gotta be our fault for reacting to endless nonsensical screeds and vague-booking posts. I also give more sincere personal encouragement to Rosebud than I do Margie. The day that Margie comes here to mix it up, let me know.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Jenn Kamp Files Lawsuit Against John Dehlin

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

consiglieri wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:11 pm
dastardly stem wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:26 pm

I hold you in high esteem. Admittedly I feel disappointed each time I see a misogynistic jab directed at Marcus. But I think you generally follow the evidence. I don’t necessarily think your apologetics on behalf of Dehlin disqualifies you as one who doesn’t follow evidence. Maybe not for him…but that’s alright. As I suggested earlier my take seems pretty much in line with Dr Stak.

I’ve consumed much of your material and have donated to your cause. I wouldn’t do that if I thought little of you.
Thanks, Stem!

Rest assured any jabs I throw at Marcus have nothing to do with her gender.
by the way, I understood the Hamm’s beer commercial reference. Good Lord, Bill Reel misses all of your pop culture references! Lol.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.