Vogel on with Backyard Professor Again

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
dan vogel
CTR A

Vogel on with Backyard Professor Again

Post by dan vogel »

Tonight, Sunday, October 23, at 6:00 p.m. Mountain Time, I will return to the Backyard Professor’s podcast and continue my review of the new book Method Infinite: Freemasonry and the Mormon Restoration by Cheryl L. Bruno, Joe Steve Swick III, and Nicholas S. Literski (Salt Lake City: Greg Kofford Books, 2022). Last week, I took issue with their thesis as well as some of their methodology and interpretations of historical sources, and they promptly took issue with me in the chat. Oh dear, what will I do? Come and see. It’s bound to be exciting and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S6cGNZGr-k
Kishkumen
God

Re: Vogel on with Backyard Professor Again

Post by Kishkumen »

dan vogel wrote:
Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:36 pm
Tonight, Sunday, October 23, at 6:00 p.m. Mountain Time, I will return to the Backyard Professor’s podcast and continue my review of the new book Method Infinite: Freemasonry and the Mormon Restoration by Cheryl L. Bruno, Joe Steve Swick III, and Nicholas S. Literski (Salt Lake City: Greg Kofford Books, 2022). Last week, I took issue with their thesis as well as some of their methodology and interpretations of historical sources, and they promptly took issue with me in the chat. Oh dear, what will I do? Come and see. It’s bound to be exciting and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S6cGNZGr-k
Thanks for bringing your perspective to the discussion, Dan!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

We truly had an enjoyable time and Dan was able to express his concerns as well as his pats on the back for this magnificent book Method Infinite. Thank you for coming and sharing your ideas in the chat Kish! It was great to see you there. I honestly think it would be a valuable contribution to have yo on the show and share your fascinating knowledge of history. Just puttin a plug in yer head ...
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

dan vogel wrote:
Tonight, Sunday, October 23, at 6:00 p.m. Mountain Time, I will return to the Backyard Professor’s podcast and continue my review of the new book Method Infinite:
It was enjoyable, and you brough up several interesting points, but it would be even more enjoyable if you guys brought Literski in as a third participant.

Git R Done, BYP.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:55 am
We truly had an enjoyable time and Dan was able to express his concerns as well as his pats on the back for this magnificent book Method Infinite. Thank you for coming and sharing your ideas in the chat Kish! It was great to see you there. I honestly think it would be a valuable contribution to have yo on the show and share your fascinating knowledge of history. Just puttin a plug in yer head ...
You are too kind, Philo! As usual DV brings game when it comes to examining the evidence with a fine-toothed comb. I tend to believe the authors over him when it comes to Mormonism and Masonry, but he is a pioneer in grappling with the relationship between Anti-Masonry and Early Mormonism. No one knows the evidence like Dan Vogel! I look forward to the next installment.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
dan vogel
CTR A

Post by dan vogel »

bill4long wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:16 pm
dan vogel wrote:
Tonight, Sunday, October 23, at 6:00 p.m. Mountain Time, I will return to the Backyard Professor’s podcast and continue my review of the new book Method Infinite:
It was enjoyable, and you brough up several interesting points, but it would be even more enjoyable if you guys brought Literski in as a third participant.

Git R Done, BYP.
Did you read Nick's hostile and ad hominem comments? I will address the substantive comments next week, but it would be a waste of time. I can't review the book and debate at the same time. You already know what the authors think. It's my turn.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I am truly having a delightful time interviewing Dan and getting his take on things. I can have Nick on another episode as well as Cheryl (or both together), and they can give their side. But right now, truly, I am not interested in a live debate, I want Dan to be able to clearly and comfortably discuss his own concerns, which is exactly the kind of live shows I love doing the most...
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

dan vogel wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:50 am
Did you read Nick's hostile and ad hominem comments? I will address the substantive comments next week, but it would be a waste of time. I can't review the book and debate at the same time. You already know what the authors think. It's my turn.
No, I didn't see those. Fair enough.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

dan vogel wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:50 am
No, I didn't see those. Fair enough.
Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:28 am
I am not interested in a live debate, I want Dan to be able to clearly and comfortably discuss his own concerns, which is exactly the kind of live shows I love doing the most...
Understood. Plus I didn't know Nick was making rude and hostile comments. Not cool.

At any rate, good job and thank you, you guys. Very interesting and entertaining.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Our pleasure! Much more to come....