Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

Post by Kishkumen »

tagriffy wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:31 pm
I definitely agree there.
Always my kind of people you are.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

KevinSim
That would mean that if we go on the assumption that God exists, the possibility exists that everybody in Christianity has a set of beliefs about God that God doesn't want them to have. Can God be happy with that state of Christianity's ignorance?
Gee, all he would have to do is talk to them and tell them the truth... if he is unhappy, with the power he possesses, then he deserves to be since he doesn't take steps to solve the problem. :roll:
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

KevinSim wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:15 pm
malkie wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:07 pm
I can't help wondering if msnobody has at least as much grounds for her assumption as you have for many of yours, including your assumption that your god exists and speaks to you.
MsNobody definitely doesn't have more grounds, and that's my whole point. If each of us can't know that God will talk to us personally, then how can each know that God spoke to the other guy, who used what s/he thought s/he heard to write down scripture?
Kevin,
Here is your assignment, go read the Bible (the word, about the Word- Jesus), not already knowing what it will say to you, but allow God to speak to you. Ask him to open your eyes and heart to what He’d say to you. Read it like a child. Don’t respond to this post with a question.
I would be happy to send you an ESV, NASB, or NIV, or maybe a KJV study Bible.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

msnobody wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:39 am
KevinSim wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:15 pm

MsNobody definitely doesn't have more grounds, and that's my whole point. If each of us can't know that God will talk to us personally, then how can each know that God spoke to the other guy, who used what s/he thought s/he heard to write down scripture?
Kevin,
Here is your assignment, go read the Bible (the word, about the Word- Jesus), not already knowing what it will say to you, but allow God to speak to you. Ask him to open your eyes and heart to what He’d say to you. Read it like a child. Don’t respond to this post with a question.
I would be happy to send you an ESV, NASB, or NIV, or maybe a KJV study Bible.
I dunno, I just read Psalm 137:9
Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.
The Bible is full of terrible things god does to people. Destroying fetuses, torturing people for no reason, genocide, shebears, etc.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Informant wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:37 am

I dunno, I just read Psalm 137:9
Happy is he who repays you for what you have done to us – he who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks.
The Bible is full of terrible things god does to people. Destroying fetuses, torturing people for no reason, genocide, shebears, etc.
Please explain what you think the purpose of that verse is and whose will is being expressed. Thank you.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Yeah, I'm with Jersey Girl here Informant. I don't think you grasp the situation in the Psalm at all, and use God as a foil for whatever reason...
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

malkie wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:05 pm
If you would like anyone to consider that you might be right about what you claim, then I don't see how you can justify skepticism about what msnobody claims.
Malkie, I don't want anyone to consider that I might be right about what I claim. I want them to consider that they can themselves ask God questions and get answers directly.
malkie wrote:Why question her claim? Why not accept it at face value?
I am sure MsNobody sincerely thinks God inspired the Bible in such a way that we can conclude that Christianity's doctrines are completely correct. Even so, you are asking me to believe the words of a human being instead of the direct words of God. That's why I don't accept it at face value.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

malkie wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:08 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:51 pm
And knowing that one thing, who knows how many other things we can come to know in the future?
"how many other things" - The number could be zero.
Malkie, do you know that the number could be zero? If so, then there's one other thing that you have come to know right there.
malkie wrote:Or do you think that "knowing that one thing" justifies the idea that we can know other things?
Not really. It's just that Informant declared that we can't know anything. That's clearly not true; we can know at least one thing. If it's not true regarding that one thing, then the possibility exists that there might be two things (or three, or more) that Informant can know that s/he is not aware of.
Last edited by KevinSim on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

By the waters of Babylon we sat down and wept.

The Bible is about the things that happen here on earth with our conflicts and evil injuring the good.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

For there our captors required of us songs, and our tormentors mirth.

psalm 137 is an intensely and in its way beautifully expressive statement of real, all to real, experience. It takes a heart of wood to not understand it.