Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
msnobody
Prophet

Re: Question for KevinSim- biblical gospel articulation request

Post by msnobody »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:53 pm
malkie wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:05 pm
If you would like anyone to consider that you might be right about what you claim, then I don't see how you can justify skepticism about what msnobody claims.
Malkie, I don't want anyone to consider that I might be right about what I claim. I want them to consider that they can themselves ask God questions and get answers directly.
malkie wrote:Why question her claim? Why not accept it at face value?
I am sure MsNobody sincerely thinks God inspired the Bible in such a way that we can conclude that Christianity's doctrines are completely correct. Even so, you are asking me to believe the words of a human being instead of the direct words of God. That's why I don't accept it at face value.
No, I'm asking you to read about Jesus, the Word, and let God directly speak to you. You and He both have a responsibility.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

KevinSim wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:53 pm
... I want them to consider that they can themselves ask God questions and get answers directly.
I would have to agree that God made a way for us to approach his throne of grace.
Last edited by msnobody on Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

huckelberry wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:46 pm
For there our captors required of us songs, and our tormentors mirth.

psalm 137 is an intensely and in its way beautifully expressive statement of real, all to real, experience. It takes a heart of wood to not understand it.
Or take one verse out of context.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 1:27 pm
Yeah, I'm with Jersey Girl here Informant. I don't think you grasp the situation in the Psalm at all, and use God as a foil for whatever reason...
Would you like to give us a lesson on imprecatory psalms and/or prayers?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

Remember when god killed 50,000 dudes just for looking at an object?

Oh, LOL, remember when he sent some badass bears to slaughter like 40 kids because they called someone bald?

The Bible!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Informant wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:31 am

Oh, LOL, remember when he sent some badass bears to slaughter like 40 kids because they called someone bald?

The Bible!
Um, stop changing the subject here. You went to Psalms and entirely misinformed us about its meaning and context. We asked about the Psalms. Quit Gish Galloping.
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

Philo Sofee wrote: Um, stop changing the subject here. You went to Psalms and entirely misinformed us about its meaning and context. We asked about the Psalms. Quit Gish Galloping.
Just one example of many of the Bible being a brutal book.
tagriffy
Deacon

Post by tagriffy »

msnobody wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:39 am

Kevin,
Here is your assignment, go read the Bible (the word, about the Word- Jesus), not already knowing what it will say to you, but allow God to speak to you. Ask him to open your eyes and heart to what He’d say to you. Read it like a child. Don’t respond to this post with a question.
I would be happy to send you an ESV, NASB, or NIV, or maybe a KJV study Bible.
But not an NRSV or an NAB?
Timothy A. Griffy
http://tagriffy.blogspot.com

Be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.

American conservatives are a paradox (if you want to be polite) or soulless expedient cynics (if you want to be accurate).--TheCriticalMind
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Informant wrote:

The Bible!
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:06 am
Informant wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:37 am

I dunno, I just read Psalm 137:9

The Bible is full of terrible things god does to people. Destroying fetuses, torturing people for no reason, genocide, shebears, etc.
Please explain what you think the purpose of that verse is and whose will is being expressed. Thank you.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Informant wrote:

The Bible!
You mean here?

1 Samuel 6:19 But God struck down some of the inhabitants of Beth Shemesh, putting seventy of them to death because they looked into the ark of the LORD. The people mourned because of the heavy blow the LORD had dealt them.

Slava Ukraini!