New Podcasts on the Weird and Incoherent Mormon God(s)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

New Podcasts on the Weird and Incoherent Mormon God(s)

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://backyardprofessor.org/

I have begun a new series of podcasts (called The New BYP Podcasts, which are recordings only apart from the audio from the live sessions from my videos) on the weird, incoherent, and contradictory Mormon God(s). You are cordially invited to listen to these approx. 30 minute blurbs describing, analyzing, exploring, and comparing the Mormon God(s) with other Gods in religion. I have the first 2 produced, and will be adding many more in a long and interesting discussion of the finiteness of God, the infiniteness of God, the weirdness associated with God, and all things about God I have learned in my lifetime.
slskipper
Sunbeam

Re: New Podcasts on the Weird and Incoherent Mormon God(s)

Post by slskipper »

We look forward to them. Thanks.

Since God is a projection of each person's world view, then God will absolutely morph into whatever the individual needs "him" to be at the moment. That's why God is a moving target. As Weston La Barre pointed out, every statement about God is autobiographical.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

slskipper wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:33 am
We look forward to them. Thanks.

Since God is a projection of each person's world view, then God will absolutely morph into whatever the individual needs "him" to be at the moment. That's why God is a moving target. As Weston La Barre pointed out, every statement about God is autobiographical.
Oh, how very interesting... thanks for sharing.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Just posted podcast #3 on Infinity & God. Number 2 was last night, and number 1 the night before. I'm on a roll! This is an informative, exciting, and eye opening series of podcasts on Mormonism's God. I am pulling out all the stops on this one. Come and enjoy as you have time, or listen on your commute from work, or while in the yard doing stuff, or even in the gym or walking through the neighborhood. I am keeping these to a manageable 1/2 hour instead of the looooong drawn out put you to sleep types.
https://backyardprofessor.org/
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:58 am
I have the first 2 produced, and will be adding many more in a long and interesting discussion of the finiteness of God, the infiniteness of God, the weirdness associated with God, and all things about God I have learned in my lifetime.
All things you have learned about God, or all things you have learned that other people have said about God?

(There is no right or wrong answer.)
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:53 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
I have the first 2 produced, and will be adding many more in a long and interesting discussion of the finiteness of God, the infiniteness of God, the weirdness associated with God, and all things about God I have learned in my lifetime.
All things you have learned about God, or all things you have learned that other people have said about God?

Correct. A little of both, but focusing far more on others ideas for now...
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:53 am
Philo Sofee wrote:

Dr. Shades,

You've indicated before that you don't read in the Celestial forum but I have a thread up there that you may find quite interesting and explores some very heavy concepts. I repeatedly explore and express the differences between the finite and the infinite in ways most people never think about. Let me just say that the finite exists on this side of the Big Bang and the infinite precedes and exists outside the Big Bang. Everything in the Big Bang is just a little bubble with a little action going on...

Please check it out. It's rather long but rewarding for those looking for deep perspectives about God and alternative viewpoints:

God, the Meaning of Life
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
30 minute blurbs describing, analyzing, exploring, and comparing the Mormon God(s) with other Gods in religion. I have the first 2 produced, and will be adding many more in a long and interesting discussion of the finiteness of God, the infiniteness of God, the weirdness associated with God, and all things about God I have learned in my lifetime.

That was the PERFECT amount of time to reach the attention span of the majority of listeners. That's how it's done!

I like how you introduced the difference between finite and infinite and how this really creates a problem for the doctrine of plurality of Gods in Mormonism, each of which was supposedly born of parents in an endless timeline going back forever -- but this is a contradiction of terms and is impossible. Mormon theology of the plurality of the Gods is impossible and defies the very principle of how finite things are part of the infinite All which can never be numbered or comprehended -- let alone seen.

Backyard Professor: 02: New BYP Podcast: The Weird Mormon God

I'm slightly tempted to pull material out of my Celestial thread God, the Meaning of Life and slam Mormon theology but I prefer in this instance to take the higher road and "Let it Be."

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree
There will be an answer, let it be
For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

https://backyardprofessor.org/2022/11/b ... -infinity/

4th podcast in the God Series up and available for your listening pleasures.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:05 am
Philo Sofee wrote:
30 minute blurbs describing, analyzing, exploring, and comparing the Mormon God(s) with other Gods in religion. I have the first 2 produced, and will be adding many more in a long and interesting discussion of the finiteness of God, the infiniteness of God, the weirdness associated with God, and all things about God I have learned in my lifetime.

That was the PERFECT amount of time to reach the attention span of the majority of listeners. That's how it's done!

I like how you introduced the difference between finite and infinite and how this really creates a problem for the doctrine of plurality of Gods in Mormonism, each of which was supposedly born of parents in an endless timeline going back forever -- but this is a contradiction of terms and is impossible. Mormon theology of the plurality of the Gods is impossible and defies the very principle of how finite things are part of the infinite All which can never be numbered or comprehended -- let alone seen.

Backyard Professor: 02: New BYP Podcast: The Weird Mormon God

I'm slightly tempted to pull material out of my Celestial thread God, the Meaning of Life and slam Mormon theology but I prefer in this instance to take the higher road and "Let it Be."

And when the broken hearted people living in the world agree
For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see
Thank you for your feedback Shulem. It is very helpful and I value opinions on my efforts to help people learn more about the Big Questions & Subjects in our lives.