Colorado shooting suspect appears to be LDS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Colorado shooting suspect appears to be LDS

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:10 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:44 pm

What a bunch of idiotic conjecture! Where does your avatar come from Kishkumen? Is it a sign of your allegiance to secret combinations and antiMormons that carry on the war in Heaven for Satan and fight against the saints?
Oh, really? Why did you choose the handle Ajax18 when you were posting on Stormfront? As a point of interest, your posting has changed exactly 0% since you were outed by Schreech:
I've started thinking about how Collin Kaepernick feels about the USA and why he refuses to stand for the National Anthem and I've realized that I really don't feel like standing for the National Anthem anymore either but for perhaps a different reason.

I don't want to stand for a country that discriminates more and more against white people through policies like affirmative action. I don't feel any loyalty to a country that without any attempt at resistance forfeits my birthright earned by my ancestors who fought for it and built it to illegal and mass immigration. I no longer hold much loyalty to a country that has bowed to mob pressure and allowed criminals to walk free to continue their drug pushing, thieving, assault, property destruction, and riot because the perpetrators are nonwhite and therefore deserve a pass due to wrongs committed hundreds of years ago. I can't stand for a country that demands I believe that high amounts of black crime are evidence of white on black racism in the criminal justice system and not evidence that blacks simply commit more crimes. I have no loyalty to a country that uses compulsory public education as a means to inculcate children with anti white rhetoric and a sense of guilt and shame for being born into the white race. I have no loyalty to a country that helps thwart any hope of honest economic advancement by seizing nearly 50 cents on every dollar I earn and delivering it to voters who continue to birth more children than they could ever possibly afford. They do all this while allowing a tiny select group of liberal insiders to pay very little in tax and become wealthy beyond measure.

Why would I go to the middle east to fight and die for a country with a government that seeks to bring these same people with beliefs hostile to nonIslamic infidels and westerners to live along side us and more easily kill us.

Of course I could never refuse to stand for a national anthem and keep my job the way Kaepernick has done. But were I as privileged as he is to have large numbers of people paying to watch me play a game, I'm not sure I would stand up either.
You know damn well that 1 =‘s A which =‘s Adolf, and 8 =‘s H which =‘s Hitler. So, why did you pick “Ajax” as part of your Stormfront moniker?

- Doc
Just bumping an old point I was making with regard to Ajax’s handle. Here’s a Lazio FC fan sporting this shirt:

The 8 =‘s H, and the 88 means Heil Hitler. Lazio is an Italian soccer club known for it’s fascist fan base.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Physics Guy
God

Re: Colorado shooting suspect appears to be LDS

Post by Physics Guy »

If somebody makes a good hot dog, or rents you a waterproof roof, then that's a good or service worth its cost, regardless of the expressed opinions of the provider. With less concrete goods or services, though, the independence of the value from the provider is less clear. Some things draw some or even most of their value from their association with a particular provider, or with other things that are also associated with that provider.

If you listen to a Taylor Swift song, you're hearing her lyrics, and her tune, and her voice. You're probably also hearing a little bit of her lipstick. Her songs are worth hearing even if you've never seen a picture of her, but her image wouldn't be as widely reproduced as it is if it didn't also add some value. She gets paid a bit more to sing about red lips and rosy cheeks because she has them and shows them.

And if Taylor Swift publicly endorses some opinion or attitude, then that will also become an associated part, however large or small, of the meme set which is her provided product. Just how big a part it may be will depend on what it is. An opinion that red is a great colour may be disappointing to people who really love green, but most green-loving Swifties will likely get over it. An endorsement of Fascism might be more like a drop of sewage in the swimming pool.

Or maybe not. I guess you can argue things like that, or have feelings about them that you don't need to defend with argument.

What I don't think you can do is just pretend that the value of songs and movies and football is as independent of personal association as the value of food or shelter. If all those intangible things were valued the way food and shelter are valued, they'd have no value at all and multi-millionaire artists and athletes would be working 9-5 for minimum wage like anyone else.

If you're a successful artist or athlete, you're not getting paid so much because you've saved people's lives. You're getting paid most of your money just because people like you. If you took the big paycheck when everyone liked you, you don't get to complain when people decide they don't like you so much. You're not getting cancelled. You're just going back to normal, which is not getting paid millions just for singing or throwing a ball.
I was a teenager before it was cool.