Colorado shooting suspect appears to be LDS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Colorado shooting suspect appears to be LDS

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:44 pm
Where does your avatar come from Kishkumen? Is it a sign of your allegiance to secret combinations and antiMormons that carry on the war in Heaven for Satan and fight against the saints?
My avatar is Severus Snape from Harry Potter. Have you read those books or seen the movies?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:05 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:44 pm
Where does your avatar come from Kishkumen? Is it a sign of your allegiance to secret combinations and antiMormons that carry on the war in Heaven for Satan and fight against the saints?
My avatar is Severus Snape from Harry Potter. Have you read those books or seen the movies?
My mistake, I should have asked what inspired your name?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:49 pm
My mistake, I should have asked what inspired your name?
I always thought it was the coolest sounding name in the Book of Mormon.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Ted Lassiter wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:17 pm
Can the title of this thread be changed to, Colorado shooting suspect is part of the LGBT community and identifies using they/them pronouns? Apparently "THEY" has not attended church since "THEY" were 14. The non-binary identifier is more accurate.
No. The Church has confirmed the suspect is a member of the Church. When the Church stops including members who no longer attend church in their statistical reporting I'll amend the thread title.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

Walmart Mass Shooter Left Behind Suicide Note - Includes 4 Words Media Doesn't Want to Talk About

The way you can tell the media is going to move on from the shooting at a Chesapeake, Virginia, Walmart that claimed the lives of six people is that there’s absolutely no handle for them.

Race? Not a factor — accused shooter Andre Bing, who later killed himself, was black. The gun? Not an AR-15 or an associated long rifle — the handgun he used was legally purchased. His victims weren’t chosen for any other reason than that they were his coworkers at the store.

And there are four words you definitely won’t hear them talk about from the alleged shooter’s suicide note: “led by the Satan.”

The note, which Chesapeake police say they found on the phone of the 31-year-old Bing, was released in a series of tweets on Friday.

In the rambling screed, Bing said he was offended because his coworkers compared him to serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer.

“I would never have killed anyone that entered my home,” he said, calling his fellow employees “idiots with low intelligence” who tormented him with what he described as “evil twisted grins.”

“Sorry God I’ve failed you, this was not your fault but my own,” he wrote. “I failed to listen to the groans of the holy spirit which made me a poor representation of You.”

“My only wish would have been to start over from scratch and that my parents would have paid closer attention to my social deficits,” he continued.

“Sorry everyone but I did not plan this, I promise things just fell in place like I was led by the Satan.”

So, guess how many times Satan was mentioned in CNN’s write-up of the suicide note? Zero.

Instead, we got this: “The note — found on his phone — talks about God, the holy spirit, and how the author felt his ‘associates’ were mocking him.”

Nowhere in the article is it mentioned how he was addressing God or talking about the Holy Spirit. One is left with the distinct impression he was inspired by God, not by the embodiment of sin and evil.

Focusing on that, however, would lead too many readers to ruminate on the state of our fallen world and to blame individuals — not guns, politicians or religion — for the shooting.

With the shooting at a Colorado Springs, Colorado, gay nightclub, those scapegoats were too easy. It was the fault of religion. Of Tucker Carlson and Lauren Boebert. Of the so-called “assault weapon.”

This time, four disgusting words spell out what motivated this and so many other mass murderers: “led by the Satan.”

Expect the media to do everything to avoid talking about the inconvenient fact that good and evil are real, objective things. They’re going to avoid it because they want to exist in a godless bubble where good and evil are determined by manmade standards.

Tragically, shootings like the one in Chesapeake show exactly what happens when those concepts are left to human arbiters.

https://www.westernjournal.com/walmart- ... toryfeedfb
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Ajax, this isn't the "own" you think it is. If it's true that CNN never mentioned religious references in the suicide note, it was likely due to pro-Christian bias. His religion led him into several delusional beliefs that led to the killings, including demonic possession of co-workers and Satan being an actual being that he could blame for his own bad actions. Covering the role of religion in the shootings would be too offensive to the viewers CNN has been trying to attract with its recent rightward shift.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:53 pm
Ajax, this isn't the "own" you think it is. If it's true that CNN never mentioned religious references in the suicide note, it was likely due to pro-Christian bias. His religion led him into several delusional beliefs that led to the killings, including demonic possession of co-workers and Satan being an actual being that he could blame for his own bad actions. Covering the role of religion in the shootings would be too offensive to the viewers CNN has been trying to attract with its recent rightward shift.
It also makes a very strong argument, indirectly, for gun control. This country is suffering from a sickness, and the last thing we need to do is place guns and rifles in the hands of people who’re in middle of a mental health crisis.

But, yeah. If Ajax18 were a defender on the pitch he’d be best known for netting goals for the opposition.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

Kishkumen wrote: My avatar is Severus Snape from Harry Potter. Have you read those books or seen the movies?
Didn’t you hear? It’s not cool to enjoy Harry Potter anymore, what with J.K. Rowling’s apparent disdain for the trans community.
Last edited by Informant on Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Informant wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:16 pm
Didn’t you hear? It’s not cool to enjoy Harry Potter anymore, what with J.K. Rowling’s apparent disdain for the trans community.
I don’t get tied up in knots over that stuff. That stuff being the boycotting of artists and entertainers because of their politics.
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

Kishkumen wrote:
I don’t get tied up in knots over that stuff. That stuff being the boycotting of artists and entertainers because of their politics.
I don’t either, with the exception of the Cosby Show, which I can never watch again.