Special Witness of the Name of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (SWOTNOJCOLDS)

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Special Witness of the Name of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (SWOTNOJCOLDS)

Post by drumdude »

I think it's pretty obvious what a special witness of Jesus Christ implies. It implies that they have special knowledge of Christ. Having seen him, talked to him, some experience of him that is, well, special.

What the heckin fark is a special witness of a name? They saw the words "Jesus Christ" floating magically above their heads during a quorum meeting??

IHAQ
God

Re: Special Witness of the Name of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (SWOTNOJCOLDS)

Post by IHAQ »

It's a coded admission that he actually hasn't seen Jesus, and that he hasn't had any experience with Jesus Christ that would qualify as more special than those experienced by rank and file members. I suspect he is also aggrandising the name because it's included in his own name. Making him feel special.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Special Witness of the Name of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (SWOTNOJCOLDS)

Post by Dr. Shades »

I think your thread's title is four words too long.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It’s missing the Corporation of Presiding Bishop, but only for brevity.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Not really a big fan of this because it always makes me think of Matthew 15:8: “These people draw near to me with their mouths and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.”

Also Matthew 7:21-23:

21 Not every one that saith to me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven: but he that doth the will of my Father who is in heaven, he shall enter into the kingdom of heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name?

23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow