Interpreter Drops a Thanksgiving Bomb on Kofford Books

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
IHAQ
God

Re: Interpreter Drops a Thanksgiving Bomb on Kofford Books

Post by IHAQ »

the_narrator wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:48 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:11 pm
In other words, Bradshaw behaved deceitfully in order to get his hands on an early copy of "Method Infinite" and write a competing book from which he, Bradshaw, would profit. He's basically a thief.
With how the book was priced, I doubt there would be any profiting from it, nor do I think getting $$ was ever a consideration for his book. Bradshaw is independently wealthy. Whatever his/their reason for doing this, profiting from the book was not it.
One can profit in many ways other than cash.
the_narrator
Nursery

Post by the_narrator »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:20 pm
the_narrator wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:48 pm
With how the book was priced, I doubt there would be any profiting from it, nor do I think getting $$ was ever a consideration for his book. Bradshaw is independently wealthy. Whatever his/their reason for doing this, profiting from the book was not it.
I think the rather obvious reason they rushed the book was so that they could say, "Read this instead of that."
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

the_narrator wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:22 pm
IHAQ wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:20 pm
I think the rather obvious reason they rushed the book was so that they could say, "Read this instead of that."
I agree. Philo’s you tube covers this briefly towards the end - that Bradshaw and the apologists wants people looking anciently, rather than at influences during Joseph’s time and place.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

the_narrator wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:15 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:41 pm

In any case, he is an intellectual thief in his misuse on false pretenses of intellectual property.
I have found a handful of places where it seems pretty clear that Bradshaw copied research from MI for his book--including one place where it is pretty clear that he copy and pasted a couple block quotes and the intermediate text.
It’s not completely clear what you found, can you post excerpts? Ideally, the comparison of the text from both places?
the_narrator
Nursery

Post by the_narrator »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 pm
the_narrator wrote:

I have found a handful of places where it seems pretty clear that Bradshaw copied research from MI for his book--including one place where it is pretty clear that he copy and pasted a couple block quotes and the intermediate text.
It’s not completely clear what you found, can you post excerpts? Ideally, the comparison of the text from both places?
Left is Bradshaw; right is Method Infinite:

Bradshaw changed the Junior to Senior to match the edition of Morgan's Illustrations that he was citing--showing that he was at least checking the copied portions--but he omitted the quotation marks in the intermediate text that indicates that the phrase was also from Illustrations.
the_narrator
Nursery

Post by the_narrator »

And there are many examples where it seems pretty clear that Bradshaw was copying block quotations from MI. For example, here are two block quotes from MI that Bradshaw seemed to take from MI (right) to use in his book (left). While MI uses them in the main text, and Bradshaw includes them in endnotes, the immediately sequential use of identical block quotes seems to indicate quite clearly that he was lifting them and the research from MI.

Coincidentally(?), DCP did something similar several years ago when he copied a block quote and the introductory text from something I had written for his own FAIR conference paper. (Wherein he also attributes other quotes to me that were by others.)
More on that here: https://loydo38.blogspot.com/2012/08/an ... erson.html
Last edited by the_narrator on Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

the_narrator wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:58 pm
Marcus wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 pm

Left is Bradshaw; right is Method Infinite:

Bradshaw changed the Junior to Senior to match the edition of Morgan's Illustrations that he was citing--showing that he was at least checking the copied portions--but he omitted the quotation marks in the intermediate text that indicates that the phrase was also from Illustrations.
Would you mind posting the text for footnotes 609, 610, 611 and 612 in Bradshaw’s text?

I know that’s a lot to ask, thank you in advance if you have time to do it.
the_narrator
Nursery

Post by the_narrator »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:17 pm
Would you mind posting the text for footnotes 609, 610, 611 and 612 in Bradshaw’s text?

I know that’s a lot to ask, thank you in advance if you have time to do it.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

the_narrator wrote:
Uncited? Grounds for a lawsuit?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

the_narrator wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:22 pm
Exactly. Sell it cheap, and divert attention.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow