Moved: The Next Mormonism May Very Well Be Liberalism

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Wallaby Lover
Nursery

Moved: The Next Mormonism May Very Well Be Liberalism

Post by Wallaby Lover »

As a follower of the LDS Faith, I've always recognised that the church's aspiration to bring the gospel to every nation on earth is an idealistic one that will never materialise. When I was younger, I used to wonder whether Christianity, Islam, Judaism, or any other faith I had never heard of would be the dominant religion. I never thought that a political movement would become the main religion of the 21st century.

The liberal religion is spreading like an unchecked wildfire throughout the entire world. There are a few tenets of liberalism that give it's adherence a sense of honor. Many liberals are seduced by environmentalism and animal rights and swallow the propaganda that is spoon-fed to them on a regular basis. LGBT rights are used to beat non-believers over the head, but above all, climate change is the main chapter in the liberal Bible that will almost certainly result in conversion to the liberal church.

In the Mormon Church the term apostate is intended to distinguish those who are disputing the truth so that the members might avoid them and not believe what they say. The word denier is used similarly in liberalism. As soon as you are called a denier, people start seeing you as subhuman and consider you to be an idiot. If the situation weren't so serious, it would be funny.

A follower of the Liberal religion cannot conceive of or permit someone to doubt their beliefs. Someone can bow the knee by accepting the liberal faith's teachings and begin demonstrating how repentant they are by accusing non-members of homophobia, xenophobia, transphobia, racism, and dishonesty. Being labeled by a liberal church member, especially publicly, will often convert the non-believer out of fear of losing family and or everything they have worked so hard for.

Similar to the LDS faith, liberalism is a way of life. Liberal churchgoers consider themselves as embarking on a most noble quest to defend their fellow congregants against the nonbelievers that are frequently viewed as slack-jawed mouth breathers. The articles of faith found in Mormonism and Liberalism supply faithful followers with an abundance of information, so much so, members of either faith can pick and choose from the supplied information, implement a life plan that will allow the churchgoer to feel a sense of accomplishment up until the day death calls them to the grave.

As an adherent of the LDS faith, I work hard to keep in mind that my religion often encourages cult-like behaviour by claiming to it's followers they possess more truth than anybody else on earth. That only those who practise the LDS faith fully comprehend the gospel, while the rest of the world just believes in partial truths. In the LDS faith, pride is prevalent because you are constantly told you are smarter than everyone else because you would adhere to it's doctrines. Unquestionably, the liberal church has worked out how to seduce those who are gullible and weak-willed just as organised religion has done for thousands of years. What have I stumbled upon by making this observation? Is it a fair comparison?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: The Next Mormonism May Very Well Be Liberalism

Post by Dr. Shades »

So, why is Liberalism bad and Mormonism good, when you yourself admit that they do the exact same thing to their adherents?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

What version of Mormonism is the correct one?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Wallaby Lover
Nursery

Post by Wallaby Lover »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:33 pm
So, why is Liberalism bad and Mormonism good, when you yourself admit that they do the exact same thing to their adherents?
When it comes to psychologically coercing it's adherence into rigid loyalty through a cunningly camouflaged trap that is nearly impossible to escape, I would rate Mormonism as an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. When it comes to cult like adherence. Liberalism is an 11. Liberalism is far more dangerous than Mormonism.
Wallaby Lover
Nursery

Post by Wallaby Lover »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:48 pm
What version of Mormonism is the correct one?

- Doc
No matter what version of Mormonism, the believers feel they have the truth. Same could said about liberalism.

Which version of liberalism is the correct one? The super progressives? The very progressives? The progressive new guard? The progressive old guard? The moderates? Conservative democrats?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I am a religious believer. A political ideology I disagree with is bad because it is a religion.

I subscribe to a political ideology that has relentlessly demonized an ideology I disagree with for decades. They are bad because they call people names. Name calling is religion.

It's okay to be racist. It's bad to call something racist.
It's okay to be homophobic. It's bad to call something homophobic.
It's okay to be transphobic. It's bad to call something transphobic.
It's okay to be misogynistic. It's bad to call something misogynistic.
It's okay to deny facts. It's bad to call someone a denier.

After decades of calling members of a political ideology names, I am offended at people calling me names.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:04 pm
I am a religious believer. A political ideology I disagree with is bad because it is a religion.

I subscribe to a political ideology that has relentlessly demonized an ideology I disagree with for decades. They are bad because they call people names. Name calling is religion.

It's okay to be racist. It's bad to call something racist.
It's okay to be homophobic. It's bad to call something homophobic.
It's okay to be transphobic. It's bad to call something transphobic.
It's okay to be misogynistic. It's bad to call something misogynistic.
It's okay to deny facts. It's bad to call someone a denier.

After decades of calling members of a political ideology names, I am offended at people calling me names.
Nailed it!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I never thought that a political movement would become the main religion of the 21st century
Why Mike? I think we're close to the same age and Rush Limbaugh was in his prime preaching that liberalism had taken over the world back when we were Mormon teens. If there is any one thing you should have expected as a young man growing up is that liberalism would be the religion of the 21st century. Your family believed that, mine believed it, and my seminary teachers taught it in so many words. Cleon Skousen was my introduction to political science and even history itself. My first missionary friend in the field said he was a member of the John Birch society.

In short, the cult we belonged to fundamentally preached that there was this other cult called liberalism taking over the world. You've been taught your whole life to believe liberalism is a cult taking over the world, and so it's really odd you'd say "you never thought" that a political movement would become a religion.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:53 pm
… and so it's really odd you'd say "you never thought" that a political movement would become a religion.
The irony, of course, is Atlantic Mike is as zealous for his ‘political religion’ than his perceived counterparts. The P in GOP is definitely for projection.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Wallaby Lover wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:05 pm
When it comes to cult like adherence. Liberalism is an 11. Liberalism is far more dangerous than Mormonism.
Conservative hogwash. ByTW, that hogwash has caused brain rot in some of this board's posters, making them create disruptive sock puppets. Besides brain rot, other symptoms include scrotal itch and drama queenishness.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace