thread about covenants

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
msnobody
Prophet

Re: thread about covenants

Post by msnobody »

bill4long wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:14 am
According to the Hebrew scriptures, the "new covenant" that Yahweh makes with Israel will occur after the Northern tribes have returned to the land.

See Ezekiel 36:24-27 cf Jeremiah 31:31-34. (There are others.) And notice, that "no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, 'Know Yahweh,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest". Clearly this has not occurred which means the New Covenant has not yet been established.
Are you saying the new covenant has not yet been established, or that it has not yet been consummated?
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:05 am
bill4long wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:14 am
According to the Hebrew scriptures, the "new covenant" that Yahweh makes with Israel will occur after the Northern tribes have returned to the land.

See Ezekiel 36:24-27 cf Jeremiah 31:31-34. (There are others.) And notice, that "no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, 'Know Yahweh,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest". Clearly this has not occurred which means the New Covenant has not yet been established.
Are you saying the new covenant has not yet been established, or that it has not yet been consummated?
I'm saying, given the relevant texts, it has been promised but it has not yet occurred.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

bill4long wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:26 pm
msnobody wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:05 am

I'm saying, given the relevant texts, it has been promised but it has not yet occurred.
Well the complete unfolding of its effects and purpose is clearly not complete. Good distance from complete.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kGyz9UmL ... 16&pp=iAQB

I was listening to Baruch Korman, Ph.D. in Jewish Studies on the website www.loveIsrael.org where he exposits on the book of Hebrews. Dr. Baruch is senior lecturer at the Zera Avraham Institute based in Israel. The link above is on Hebrews chapter 8. In the 30-ish minute video, he discusses what I mentioned in my previous post about the old covenant having a fault, and the fault was with the people, as God had not enabled them to keep the law. He goes on to speak of the Melchizedek priesthood.

Anyway, I’m enjoying listening to him as he provides expository teaching, and explores with listeners, the Hebrew and Greek meaning and significance of words that are often lost in English translations of the Bible.

I’d say more, but it’s time for me to go into work.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7