The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

Post by Kishkumen »

I have been kicking around the idea of possibly taking our board community into the overcrowded podcast/YouTube world. Yes, it is overcrowded, but I am dying of curiosity to see what would happen if we enjoyed the new light a different medium would shed on what we have going on here.

I think it would be hilarious to call it the Shady Acres Mormon Podcast. Or some such. Lots of funny ideas can come out of this.

Or maybe Shady Acres Mormon Trailer Park Podcast? Is that getting too long?

We could dip back into the archives and discuss our best threads. Imagine the conversations with DrStak we might have! Our entire Cassius faculty, or at least willing members of the faculty, might be interviewed
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Re: The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

Post by drumdude »

If it’s anything like the old Mormon Expression round table episodes I think it would be a hit!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:39 pm
If it’s anything like the old Mormon Expression round table episodes I think it would be a hit!
Would you want to be in a roundtable discussion then?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 6:50 pm
drumdude wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:39 pm
Would you want to be in a roundtable discussion then?

Absolutely!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:46 pm
I think it would be hilarious to call it the Shady Acres Mormon Podcast. Or some such. Lots of funny ideas can come out of this.

Or maybe Shady Acres Mormon Trailer Park Podcast? Is that getting too long?
If'n one were to do it, I'd personally go with a segmented naming scheme. Kind of an NPR approach.

The channel is "_______ Mormon Podcast."

Then, instead of Fresh Air, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, you have set people/programs with names like:

The Seething Caldron of Hate
Tales from the Trailor Park
What Have They Dunn Now?
Outer Snarkness
Stop Kicking Your Privates With My Foot
Percolating Sin
Whatever Happened to that Kid From Sandlot

Maybe something with BYP surrounded by ninjas wearing top hats. I feel like it's an unfilled niche market.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I am SO on this! What a fantastically delightful idea... please allow me to participate. As a Cassius Faculty member, I would be more than willing to contribute as is needed. Heck I will do whatever we need to do to get this going. Our roundtables would be *THE* REAL DEAL. The more I think of it, the more fantastic this resonates!

The thing is our discussions have so much depth in them! To put this out to the public in a fun and informative way is important to do. We have so many fantastic scholars and their views and analysis on such a terrific variety of subjects! Kish your idea here is just very exciting and has serious potential.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

So, how would it work?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:36 pm
Absolutely!
Sweet!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:27 am
I am SO on this! What a fantastically delightful idea... please allow me to participate. As a Cassius Faculty member, I would be more than willing to contribute as is needed. Heck I will do whatever we need to do to get this going. Our roundtables would be *THE* REAL DEAL. The more I think of it, the more fantastic this resonates!

The thing is our discussions have so much depth in them! To put this out to the public in a fun and informative way is important to do. We have so many fantastic scholars and their views and analysis on such a terrific variety of subjects! Kish your idea here is just very exciting and has serious potential.
I couldn’t imagine having such a production without you!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:06 pm
If'n one were to do it, I'd personally go with a segmented naming scheme. Kind of an NPR approach.

The channel is "_______ Mormon Podcast."

Then, instead of Fresh Air, and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, you have set people/programs with names like:

The Seething Caldron of Hate
Tales from the Trailor Park
What Have They Dunn Now?
Outer Snarkness
Stop Kicking Your Privates With My Foot
Percolating Sin
Whatever Happened to that Kid From Sandlot

Maybe something with BYP surrounded by ninjas wearing top hats. I feel like it's an unfilled niche market.
I’m liking Tales from the Trailer Park, personally!