Russell Nelson Is Not Popular Among Many Members

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Russell Nelson Is Not Popular Among Many Members

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

The anti-vaccination crowd and far right members still haven't forgiven Russell Nelson for telling members to get the vaccination.

Over at the LDSFreedomForum.com, there is a poll and a thread entitled, "Russell M. Nelson: Prophet or Shyster." According to the poll, 61% believe he is a fallen prophet. Here are some comments:
Neither.
He is president of the Church.
When I saw Q15 roll up their sleeves for the cameras and claim "safe and effective Godsend"...it was the equivalent of the stage light crashing down on the Truman Show.

A deep dive into church history and the church's intentional and disgusting action of throwing Joseph Smith under the bus...to save the Brighamite corporation...was icing on the cake.

THEY ARE LIARS!!!!
They may have been naïve and stupid when they got their first shots in early 2021, but there were plenty of warnings about negative side effects by the time they issued the “urge” letter in August 2021. At that point they chose to be complicit, and ignore what many members tried to tell them. They were given many documents by members warning of adverse outcomes, some were even personal accounts, but they chose to turn away from any information that didn’t fit their confirmation bias.

Prophets? Seers? I don’t think so.
I’m convinced in this case they were just naïve and stupid.
We are 17 VERY LONG months since the August letter. Boatloads full of damning data has come out against the deadly-jab and the church has not said one word of retraction, correction or warning.

If naïve and stupid in 2021...they are just plain evil and corrupt to let people die in January 2023.
Not sure how anyone can call any of the current leaders of the LDS Church “prophets”; or any of the leaders for the last 100-odd years for that matter.

All the “vaccine” stuff aside (although that demonstrates very clearly the level of discernment and understanding of the world around them they have)—they simply can’t do one simple thing:
I believe all people are given some innate prophetic potential. Whether they retain it, use it or lose it is another matter, and tied into their behaviour etc. At bare minimum this is to guide each individual.

Could God use Nelson as a prophet? Yes. Could he use me or you? Yes. Maybe not the answer the TBM wants to hear.
The error is that latter-day prophets and the fanaticism that surrounds them wants us to believe that they are, at the same time, both infallible and fallible.
Saying out one side of your mouth that the clot-shot is a "safe and effective Godsend"....while SIMULTANEOUSLY saying out the other side "follow us, we won't lead you astray"...is utterly ridiculous to all but the most ardent apologists.

They can't have it both ways. If you can't lead people astray....you DON'T urge deadly-jabs...PERIOD!

If it were ANYBODY else or ANY OTHER organization...even the apologists would call BS.
It isn't just their incredible stupidity about the shot. The evidence is clear. So to continue the charade is pure evil.
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=69243
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Re: Russell Nelson Is Not Popular Among Many Members

Post by drumdude »

He’s not charismatic. He’s not grandfatherly. He’s not particularly intelligent or insightful.

He’s just a good old boy who finally got what he wanted so long: his turn to drive the boat. And after the first 6 months of excitement wore off with him jumping the shark with that “don’t call us Mormons” stunt, he seems to have gotten bored.

I don’t think it’s controversial to say he will be a very quickly forgotten leader.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:31 am
The anti-vaccination crowd and far right members still haven't forgiven Russell Nelson for telling members to get the vaccination.

Over at the LDSFreedomForum.com, there is a poll and a thread entitled, "Russell M. Nelson: Prophet or Shyster." According to the poll, 61% believe he is a fallen prophet. Here are some comments:
https://ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=69243
I'm not surprised at all.

I know someone who has always considered themselves to be a faithful church member, but who is anti-vax.

Until recently, obedience to the prophet - anything at all - and other senior church leaders was how they lived their life.

When I asked: "The prophet says you should be vaccinated - don't you believe in following the prophet any more?", the reply was: "I don't mix my religion with my everyday life."

I wanted to ask: "Isn't that exactly what you have always believed you should do - live your everyday life according to the words of the prophets?" but for the sake of others involved I let it go.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Over at the LDSFreedomForum.com,...
The result of leaving Ezra Taft Benson alone to fester instead of fixing the problem.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Malkie
When I asked: "The prophet says you should be vaccinated - don't you believe in following the prophet any more?", the reply was: "I don't mix my religion with my everyday life."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: just..............gimmee a sec here....................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Wouldn’t being a heart surgeon give Russell M. Nelson some insight into immunology? It appears for the majority of posters on LDSFF that they’ve developed their own socio-political religion that trumps the Mormon one.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

I have a friend up in Seattle who left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints back in the 1980s. My friend has a lot of bizarre ideas, and in many ways his life has gone to pot since he left the Church. I really think the Church is better off without him. Similarly, if people feel so strongly that vaccinations are dangerous that they're willing to ignore Russell Nelson's advice over them, and are concluding that because of that advice Nelson must be a fallen prophet, then again the Church is better off without them. As in the case with the Respect for Marriage Act, this time the LDS Church is on the right side of history.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

At least to my perception this freedom forum is very marginal LDS, almost a breakaway sect. I find myself thinking it does not say very much about how popular Mr. Nelson is with mainstream LDS. I imagine views there to be very different.

Of course mine is a limited understanding with limited information.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

KevinSim wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:56 pm
I have a friend up in Seattle who left the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints back in the 1980s. My friend has a lot of bizarre ideas, and in many ways his life has gone to pot since he left the Church. I really think the Church is better off without him. Similarly, if people feel so strongly that vaccinations are dangerous that they're willing to ignore Russell Nelson's advice over them, and are concluding that because of that advice Nelson must be a fallen prophet, then again the Church is better off without them. As in the case with the Respect for Marriage Act, this time the LDS Church is on the right side of history.
Good point. Come to think of it, the Church is probably better off without everyone. People just tend to get in the way of the Church's goals these days.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
KevinSim
Bishop

Post by KevinSim »

dastardly stem wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:41 pm
KevinSim wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:56 pm
Good point. Come to think of it, the Church is probably better off without everyone.
I wouldn't go that far!