First apostolic denunciation of ChatGPT - predictions

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

First apostolic denunciation of ChatGPT - predictions

Post by Dr Moore »

On what date will we hear the first LDS apostle denounce GPT as a reliable source of truth? The “old” version of this would be statements Nelson gave in 2019, “The arbiter of truth is God—not your favorite social media news feed, not Google…”

So, when will we hear AI GPT (generative pre-trained transformers) — or the comparable wide scale AI equivalent — added to that list?

You get one prediction only.

My prediction: April 1, 2023.
Fence Sitter
High Priest

Re: First apostolic denunciation of ChatGPT - predictions

Post by Fence Sitter »

I would hazard a guess, but I think a chatbot could provide a more accurate answer.
:D
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

It should be pretty effective at debunking apostles and apologists in real time.
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

October 1, 2023

I'm reminded of a talk by Russell Ballard in April 1995, in which he said:
If we are determined to live by Heavenly Father’s plan, we will use our God-given moral agency to make decisions based on revealed truth, not on the opinions of others or on the current thinking of the world.

For example, we are moving into an era when the Information Superhighway will have the capacity to cut a wide path right into our homes. With fiber-optic computer technology, it can link homes to an incredible assortment of messages and influences. This highway will be the conduit of information that will have the power to change our culture and, thus, our very lives. As we consider the importance of nourishing our intellects with the promising potential of Superhighway resources, we must be ever cautious about the choices of programs and the impact of media in our lives. Those who understand our Heavenly Father’s eternal plan for the joy and happiness of his children will be better prepared to make good choices as the Information Superhighway rolls across the world. The computer, television, satellite, microchip, and even the telephone, all can bless and enhance our lives—or can make them miserable.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

All of the conference talks are basically the same mediocre repetitions anyway. So ChatGPT could do just as good of a job.

I just prayed about it and felt a fuzzy feeling, so I know it's true. Inthenameofcheeseandriceramen.