Secondary prediction: when will we hear the first GC address composed by a ChatGPT assist?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Secondary prediction: when will we hear the first GC address composed by a ChatGPT assist?

Post by Dr Moore »

Yeah that will be harder to verify. But anyway, I’m going with October 7, 2026. GPT7 probably out by then. It will probably do a better job at creating inspired GC talks, apologizing for racism and bigotry while finding clever and honest ways to sort out all the messiness of Mormon history.

GPT 17 will be the first LDS Prophet in 2041.
drumdude
God

Re: Secondary prediction: when will we hear the first GC address composed by a ChatGPT assist?

Post by drumdude »

If I were still in church and being asked to do a talk, I would absolutely use it.
Physics Guy
God

Re: Secondary prediction: when will we hear the first GC address composed by a ChatGPT assist?

Post by Physics Guy »

Have transcripts of all conference talks been posted online for many years? If so, ChatGPT would undoubtedly do a bang-up job of pastiching one that would fit right in among them.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Off I go to google "ChatGPT" . . .
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:47 am
What did Google have to say about it?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:47 am
Me too, Shades. Are we showing our age? IDK.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

From the site https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/w ... i-chatbot/
Here's the catch: ChatGPT doesn't exactly know anything. It's an AI that's trained to recognize patterns in vast swaths of text harvested from the internet, then further trained with human assistance to deliver more useful, better dialog. The answers you get may sound plausible and even authoritative, but they might well be entirely wrong, as OpenAI warns.
That last sentence makes me think, maybe they are already using it. ;)
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

With meteorologic patterns, at least moisture could be somewhat accurately predicted in the Saturday afternoon session.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Alphus and Omegus
Area Authority

Post by Alphus and Omegus »

msnobody wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:40 am
From the site https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/w ... i-chatbot/
Here's the catch: ChatGPT doesn't exactly know anything. It's an AI that's trained to recognize patterns in vast swaths of text harvested from the internet, then further trained with human assistance to deliver more useful, better dialog. The answers you get may sound plausible and even authoritative, but they might well be entirely wrong, as OpenAI warns.
That last sentence makes me think, maybe they are already using it. ;)
That publication would certainly know about AI mistakes:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/cne ... 48131.html
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The first ChatGPT congressional speech was just read on the floor:

https://apnews.com/article/technology-s ... edf86fd25a
When U.S. Rep. Jake Auchincloss decided to deliver a speech on a bill that would create a U.S.-Israel artificial intelligence center, he opted to let the AI do the talking.

The brief two-paragragh speech read by the Massachusetts Democrat on the floor of the U.S. House on Wednesday was generated by the online AI chatbot ChatGPT. His staff said they believe it’s the first time an AI-written speech was read in Congress.
And the scary/super interesting bit:
“There were probably about a dozen of my colleagues on the floor. I bet none of them knew it was written by a computer,” he said
I think this thing is going to take off like a bat out of Hell this year. Can you imagine being a blogger and now you don’t even have to plagiarize material any more because you can just have an AI write your boring, insipid, bland ‘hot takes’? This program is a godsend for dimwits and midwits alike. What a time to be alive.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.