BYP Responds to Elder Bednar - It is Inappropriate to Ask Questions on the Sabbath After the Sacrament

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
wenglund
Star A

Re: BYP Responds to Elder Bednar - It is Inappropriate to Ask Questions on the Sabbath After the Sacrament

Post by wenglund »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:19 am
wenglund wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:12 am
Evidently, you are unfamiliar with Christ's interactions with the critics of his day (Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes).

Thanks, Wade Englund
No, I am not unfamiliar with those interactions.

I do have enough respect, however, to not assign myself as the role of “Christ” in an interaction. Apparently, you do not.
Apparently, then, you don't understand the difference between "Christlike" and "assigning oneself the role of Christ."

Thanks, Wade Englund-
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: BYP Responds to Elder Bednar - It is Inappropriate to Ask Questions on the Sabbath After the Sacrament

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:32 am
Untitled.jpg
Lol. And he does it for free. Cultist gon’ cult.

Perhaps another visit to the church’s official we site will help settle matter, Captain?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

wenglund wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:43 am
Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:19 am
No, I am not unfamiliar with those interactions.

I do have enough respect, however, to not assign myself as the role of “Christ” in an interaction. Apparently, you do not.
Apparently, then, you don't understand the difference between "Christlike" and "assigning oneself the role of Christ."

Thanks, Wade Englund-
:lol: You’re just going to go down swinging aren’t you?
wenglund wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:12 am
[WE, explaining his communications by equating them to]…Christ's interactions with the critics of his day…
wenglund
Star A

Post by wenglund »

drumdude wrote:
Untitled.jpg
straw_man.jpg
straw_man.jpg (191.89 KiB) Viewed 480 times
Thanks, Wade Englund
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

wenglund wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:34 am
malkie wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:49 pm
You're right that it "should tell us something", but it's not entirely clear what it is that it should tell us.
I would think it obvious. It tells us that if committees can decide what should included in the bound volume of the D&C, they can also decide what can be taken out, particularly regarding those things that do not qualify as scriptural revelation.
I seem to remember that the reversal of the non-revelation about blacks and the priesthood appeared to require a revelation to reverse. So you may think that some things are obvious, but I suggest that sometimes there seems to be sufficient nuance to counter that Idea - otherwise people are stuck with making special cases to cover the "obvious".
wenglund wrote:
malkie wrote:Has the "revelation" removing the priesthood ban on black men been published in the D&C? Actually, has it been published anywhere?
Since your question is off-topic, I will point you here: https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... d?lang=eng

Thanks, Wade Englund
Although I don't think it's more off-topic that much of the discussion in this thread, I may open another topic on the matter. But for now I'll just note that, according to the essay you pointed to, what was canonized in D&C was not the revelation, but simply a "... statement regarding the revelation ..."
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
wenglund
Star A

Post by wenglund »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:04 am
:lol: You’re just going to go down swinging aren’t you?
Only in your Black Knight imagination :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmInkxbvlCs&t=17s

Thanks, Wade Englund
wenglund
Star A

Post by wenglund »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:40 am
Joseph Smith expected Christ to return in his lifetime. The last dispensation was opening the door leading to the millennium in which Christ would reign while Smith presided over the Church.

Dude, you don't understand Joseph Smith and his mindset.
Since this is off-topic, I will point you here: https://www.fairlatterdaysaints.org/ans ... in_1890%3F

Thanks, Wade Englund-
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

wenglund wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 3:04 am
drumdude wrote:
Untitled.jpg
straw_man.jpg

Thanks, Wade Englund

You are welcome to come up to the Celestial Forum and have a discussion on the Book of Abraham, if you care, and show me the strawman.

Historical Predynastic Egypt vs. Book of Abraham False Narrative
Anubis in Facsimile No. 3 and Mormon Deception
“King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head”

Bring John Gee and all of FAIR. I will take them all on with one hand tied behind my back.

I WILL KICK THEIR ASSES!

And, I will kick yours too, you little worm.
Dr. Sunstoned
CTR B

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:36 am
drumdude wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:19 am
You guys are going to H E double hockey sticks for making fun of the lords anointed!

I can assure you that if Bednar and I were to meet within a room where we could meet face to face in private and discuss our differences -- I would raise my vibrations and cause him to quake and tremble. It would be an epic confrontation between good and evil.

PS. I'm the good one. ;)
Just make sure not to stand up before him. I hear that makes him crazy. It might even cause him revoke a blessing or two
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Elder Gerrit W. Gong of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will speak at a worldwide devotional for youth that will becoming available for viewing on January 29, 2023, at 4 p.m.* Mountain Standard Time. (This event will be pre-recorded on January 22, and tickets for the pre-recording have already been distributed.)
https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... -for-youth

I believe the above devotional, that was recorded on the Sabbath, and which will be screened on the Sabbath will be similar to other Apostle-led devotionals in that there will be a Q&A part to it.

Bednar himself hosted a Q&A on the Sabbath…
Looking out among 15,000 students in the BYU-Idaho Center here on Sunday, September 22, Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles moved his finger across the screen of his iPad and read a question.

It was one of approximately 11,000 anonymous questions texted to him during the devotional.
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/chu ... d?lang=eng