New Poll Shows That Mormons Are Still One Of The Most Disliked Groups.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr. Sunstoned
CTR B

Re: New Poll Shows That Mormons Are Still One Of The Most Disliked Groups.

Post by Dr. Sunstoned »

We can look on the bright slide here. We beat out the Christian Scientist. yay! We suck less!
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Mormons are hated because of the missionaries. If they stopped pestering people, stopped acting like used car salesmen, then my guess is Mormons would start being ignored in these polls.

I just had to give the brush off to a missionary the other day who kept bugging me on the phone. Finally I had to come out and say I thought it was a bunch of nonsense and to not waste his time. We'll see how long he stays away. I'll probably be called again after he transfers.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:48 pm
Mormons are hated because of the missionaries. If they stopped pestering people, stopped acting like used car salesmen, then my guess is Mormons would start being ignored in these polls.

I just had to give the brush off to a missionary the other day who kept bugging me on the phone. Finally I had to come out and say I thought it was a bunch of nonsense and to not waste his time. We'll see how long he stays away. I'll probably be called again after he transfers.
Well that and racism, sexism, homophobia, the old practice of polygamy...I mean those might play a factor too.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

dastardly stem wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:14 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 2:48 pm

Well that and racism, sexism, homophobia, the old practice of polygamy...I mean those might play a factor too.
They might, but, without the pestering missionaries bothering people throughout the world, I wonder if Mormons would even be on the radar and if people would even know or care what they believe.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.