Prominent critics who have joined the church

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
sansfoy
Nursery

Re: Prominent critics who have joined the church

Post by sansfoy »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:16 am
wenglund wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:03 am
Korihor tried to come back. but couldn't be trusted.

But, you may have a point. Once people leave the light and more fully embrace the darkness, it is unlikely they will comprehend or embrace the light again.

Thanks, Wade Englund
LOL

You're a real Mormon, Wade.
I've been away from these discussions for several years, and was surprised to see him still around. Are you sure that he's not just a multi-decade long parody account?
sansfoy
Nursery

Post by sansfoy »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:56 pm
The world went woke and Wade England isn’t happy!
Wade has to be what, close to 60 by now and never married. He once tried to start a campaign getting homosexuality declared a disorder. Again, he never married, even though the church he professes to love with all his heart places no higher responsibility for men than to marry in the temple and start a family. Single women over the age of 30 in the church outnumber men 5-1.

And yet Wade has never married. He also is really upset about homosexuality and wants to cure it.

I feel like I'm close to drawing a conclusion, but can't quite put my finger on it.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Just trying to catch myself up. Wade organized a campaign to get same-sex attraction to be labeled a Disorder?
I believe the organization of which he may have been a member was called CSAD or CSSAD, something like that.
wenglund
Star A

Post by wenglund »

dastardly stem wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:21 pm
Just trying to catch myself up. Wade organized a campaign to get same-sex attraction to be labeled a Disorder? And the reason why he quite his campaign was because "the world went woke"? He also said offensive negative things about a good half of people and doesn't seem to wish to take that back or repent?
People taking offence where none should legitimately be taken, is part and parcel of the world going woke. Repentance in such world only makes matters worse. The unwarranted taking of offence is but a manipulation and control mechanism. The "woke" don't really care about the supposed offenses (they commit them more often, themselves). All that matters to them is conformity and power. They view resistance as futile. Whereas, to the none-woke, resistance is vital.

But, this is political and off topic. So I will try not to say more about it.

Thanks, Wade Englund
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

wenglund wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:39 am
dastardly stem wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:21 pm
Just trying to catch myself up. Wade organized a campaign to get same-sex attraction to be labeled a Disorder? And the reason why he quite his campaign was because "the world went woke"? He also said offensive negative things about a good half of people and doesn't seem to wish to take that back or repent?
People taking offence where none should legitimately be taken….
No, that’s wrong. It is legitimately offensive that you define homosexuality as a disorder.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:25 am
wenglund wrote:

No, that’s wrong. It is legitimately offensive that you define homosexuality as a disorder.
Its worse than that. Here is a quote from Wenglund’s website…
Included among the disorders are homosexuality, paedophilia, bestiality, necrophilia, etc.
https://web.archive.org/web/20041216173 ... nd/sad.htm

Wade, you are not making it into the Celestial Kingdom.
wenglund
Star A

Post by wenglund »

Marcus wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:25 am
wenglund wrote:
You are demonstrably incorrect. It is no more offensive than correctly defining the following as disorders: dyslexia, webbed toes, anxiety, asthma, cleft pallet, down syndrome, depression, sickle cell anemia, color blindness, and on and on.

I defined it as a disorder, in part, because I disagreed with the psychiatric communities previous diagnosis of homosexuality as a mental illness.

I didn't refer to it as a mental disorder, or a genetic disorder, or a physical disorder. Rather, I correctly defined it as a sexual attraction disorder.

In evolutionary terms, and as opposed to asexual reproduction, sexual attraction between a male and a female is a necessary element in sexual reproduction, and critical to the propagation and survival of the species. This is the evolutionary order of things. By definition, then, sexual attraction between people of the same sex defies the order of things, and may thus rightly be considered a disorder--just as, in principle, the mind is evolutionarily designed to decode properly so as to facilitate reading and learning (this is the order of things), and since dyslexia creates problems with decoding, it is rightly consider a learning or reading disorder.

Again, this is a political issue and in many ways off topic, so I will try again not speak to this irrelevancy any more.

Thanks, Wade Englund
wenglund
Star A

Post by wenglund »

IHAQ wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:02 am
Its worse than that. Here is a quote from Wenglund’s website…

https://web.archive.org/web/20041216173 ... nd/sad.htm

Wade, you are not making it into the Celestial Kingdom.
Classifying things according sexual attraction disorders is quite different than classifying things according to changing cultural morays.

The former simply speaks to whether sexual attractions work according the evolutionary order of things or not. There is no "worse" or "better", but simply ordered or disorder.

Whereas, cultural morays will not only distinguish between what is moral and what is not, but they will also array various immoral behaviors along a spectrum from bad to worse.

Please try not to conflate the two.

Besides, certain sexual behaviors were culturally repugnant several decades ago, and have since come to be considered a beautiful thing today. And, from the look of things, certain sexual behaviors that are currently considered culturally repugnant, may be considered a beautiful thing in the not too distant future. What wont change is whether they are disorders or not.

Thanks, Wade Englund
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

People taking offence where none should legitimately be taken
Typical Mormon double-speaking babe-in-the-woods act. You literally decided to use the acronym “SAD” as a jab at homosexuals.

You unmarried hypocrite, you disobedient heretic, you selfish devil denying a godly woman entrance into the highest order and kingdom of god. How dare you openly rebel against God and His order because you have hang ups with women in general. Your existence is ash until you get in line, take a woman through the temple, and obey.

Repent. Obey. Period.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

wenglund wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:43 am
cultural morays
I agree, Wade. The cultural morays are the worst of their tribe. A tumbler with a finger of Highland Park, an off-handed reference to Michel Foucault, and pretty soon they've sunk their teeth into you.

All kidding aside, Wade. Please keep posting here.