If you stopped being a TBM after age 60, why? Pick 2

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.

If you stopped being a TBM after age 60, why? Pick 2

I discovered the actual history of Mormon beginnings (1820-1847)
25%
I lost confidence in the LDS Church because of the false narratives about its founding
50%
The current leaders are just clinging to an increasingly archaic institution
13%
I have matured into more of a 'live and let live' attitude of tolerance of others, such as LGBQT people
13%
I need all my $$ to live on and the LDS Church makes me feel guilty for not giving it 10%
No votes
Church meetings are repetitive and boring, and leave me feeling empty
No votes
As I get older, I am getting more and more tired of living, and don't want to live forever
No votes
Coffee (LDS: the devil's brew) helps me get through the day and/or my cardiologist recommends it
No votes
I want to "sin" and not feel guilty about it
No votes
I want to spend my Sundays in more relaxing or enjoyable ways, such as with family
No votes

Total votes: 8

Philo Sofee
God

Re: If you stopped being a TBM after age 60, why? Pick 2

Post by Philo Sofee »

Shulem wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:52 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 4:57 am
P-O-W-E-R-F-U-L - the very point of my new response to Elder Jeffrey Holland. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iraMKiHGJNw&t=429s

Your latest video has been presented up in the Celestial Forum and is an excellent example to show how the Church continuously makes its members feel inadequate as they are continuously admonished to fear God and the Church.

Backyard Professor expounds on how the Church guilts the members

Excellent video.
You are very kind Shulem... it is a serious important thing to become cognizant of for so many folks.
slskipper
Sunbeam

Post by slskipper »

Thank you.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

huckelberry wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:52 pm
I am surprised by no concern about the Book of Mormon, Book of Abraham, changes Doctrine Covenants, polygamy, position of blacks in history. Perhaps if a person makes it to age sixty inside the church they have made some form of peace with those problems.
I think this may be, more often than not, true.

Regards,
MG
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:06 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:50 pm

Well, if you can only choose two. . . .
But my suggestions were not listed as possible choices. Neither was exaggerated pursuit of overly conservative political and social views. None of my concerns were proposed as choices, but. I was young....
Yes, me too. I'd like to see a survey for reasons one left, at other ages, or maybe during a specific decade. And there needs to be an "other" option, for write in reasons, as well as the addition of the reasons you listed. It would be interesting to see the results, especially with this group.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Marcus wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 8:40 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:06 am

But my suggestions were not listed as possible choices. Neither was exaggerated pursuit of overly conservative political and social views. None of my concerns were proposed as choices, but. I was young....
Yes, me too. I'd like to see a survey for reasons one left, at other ages, or maybe during a specific decade. And there needs to be an "other" option, for write in reasons, as well as the addition of the reasons you listed. It would be interesting to see the results, especially with this group.
The only problem with all this is that the survey doesn't give the real reason the most people leave is so they can sin and masturbate... :D We all secretly know that is the real reason.