Dan McClellan exits church employment

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Dan McClellan exits church employment

Post by Dr Moore »

https://Twitter.com/maklelan/status/1619340607570444289

Last day was this past Monday.

Doing a podcast, book, other content online. Combat misinformation.

Welcome to the board, Dan! (whenever you arrive)
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Dan McClellan exits church employment

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

He used to post on the old board quite a bit. A sample for anyone not in the know:

https://www.discussmormonism.com/search ... 3&sr=posts

His faith journey has been kind of interesting to observe over time.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Welcome back, in that case!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

When you show up Dan McClellan, Welcome back, looking forward to picking your magnificent brain. You inspire me!
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Great find, Dr. Moore! Dan McClellan's TikTok's are very interesting and fun to watch.

For an example of why Dan is so popular and relatable, watch the following hilarious TikTok. Notice how excited this lady is about discovering dildos in the Bible. The way Dan handles this in his deadpan, cool, calm and collected scholarly manner is brilliant:
https://www.tiktok.com/@maklelan/video/ ... 6097582382

Dan McClellan will do very well on his own. He is building a massive following on TikTok with over 365,000 followers. https://www.tiktok.com/@maklelan

For comparison, the Interpreter Foundation has been trying to build a presence on TikTok (and other social media) for years and only has 948 followers. https://www.tiktok.com/@interpreterfoundation
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Best wishes to Dr. Maklelan. It would be great if he posted again on this board.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:50 pm
When you show up Dan McClellan, Welcome back, looking forward to picking your magnificent brain. You inspire me!
I have benefitted from his scholarship and his participation here would be most welcome. But ... is there any reason to think he would want to resume posting here? Aside from the complimentary MDB "Welcome" swag, obviously.
Shulem
God

I have a question

Post by Shulem »

I would be very interested in hearing what McClellan has to say regarding a recent topic I've brought up on this board and still await Bokovoy's response as he's very late in giving one.

We need some expert analysis on this and Dan would be one to offer it.

What say ye, Dan? Will you step up to the plate and take a swing?

“Wither she did go” ??
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Just curious....... How can a brain that believes that the true history of the Americas came from a charlatan faker peeking at a magic rock in the bottom of his hat be magnificent? A sign of a magnificent brain that is not. Magnificent brains do not believe in such asinine ridiculously insane BS.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Nomomo wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 9:37 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Just curious....... How can a brain that believes that the true history of the Americas came from a charlatan faker peeking at a magic rock in the bottom of his hat be magnificent? A sign of a magnificent brain that is not. Magnificent brains do not believe in such asinine ridiculously insane B.S..
I could be wrong, but I don't think Dan believes in the historicity of the Book of Mormon. If I recall correctly, Dan has a very nuanced view of the Book of Mormon as scripture.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014