New Mormon Doctrine - the church is identical to the Savior

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: New Mormon Doctrine - the church is identical to the Savior

Post by Chap »

Failed Prophecy wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:09 am
Meh. He says something close, but the meme overplays the emphasis. Timestamp 19:18 here:

https://youtu.be/Zm2EMhPAoSI

It's also clear he means for it to provide a hypothetical perspective. That's way different than the headline the meme asserts.
Well, based on what he said (and I've just listened to it) I think we can quite fairly say that he is suggesting to his audience they should take the teachings and policy of the CoJCoLDS as being in effect identical to the teachings and policy of Jesus Christ, and accordingly refrain from expressing criticism or opposition to either.

After making those statements he then moved on to tell the story of the biblical Uzzah, who was struck down by God for steadying the Ark of the Covenant when it seemed in danger of falling from the carrying poles used by the priests who were carrying the Ark in procession. Hence, by analogy, he suggests that members of the CoJCoLDS should leave the development of teaching and policy to the small group of supposedly divinely appointed men whom alone God has allegedly authorised to deal with such matters.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Yeah but everyone disagrees with the savior. Not even the worst psychopath follows his advice of hating everyone else in your life but loving Jesus the most.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Failed Prophecy
Sunbeam

Post by Failed Prophecy »

Chap wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:49 pm
Well, based on what he said (and I've just listened to it) I think we can quite fairly say that he is suggesting to his audience they should take the teachings and policy of the CoJCoLDS as being in effect identical to the teachings and policy of Jesus Christ, and accordingly refrain from expressing criticism or opposition to either.
Sure, but that's really no change. D&C 1:38 should have already sealed the deal on that one.
After making those statements he then moved on to tell the story of the biblical Uzzah, who was struck down by God for steadying the Ark of the Covenant when it seemed in danger of falling from the carrying poles used by the priests who were carrying the Ark in procession. Hence, by analogy, he suggests that members of the CoJCoLDS should leave the development of teaching and policy to the small group of supposedly divinely appointed men whom alone God has allegedly authorised to deal with such matters.
Ugh. Proof texting at its finest. That's the only passage LDS leaders ever cite on the ark of the covenant. They leave out all of the other stories that undermine that interpretation.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:29 pm
The savior was fooled by Mark Hofmann.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

The Savior denied His atonement to children of Gay parents for four years.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

The Savior neither seeks nor gives apologies.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

“The Savior isn’t perfect but the gospel is.”
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:29 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

¥akaSteelhead wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:58 pm
“The Savior isn’t perfect but the gospel is.”
Well played.

Also:

The Savior has a hundred billion plus investment portfolio.

The Savior opened a new shopping mall in downtown SLC.

The Savior underpays his employees to protect his bottom line.

The Savior gets kickbacks from all his employees.

The Savior uses highly paid lawyers to protect him when he shields pedophiles.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow