Holmes vs. Smith on RFM

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Holmes vs. Smith on RFM

Post by Kishkumen »

If you have not listened to Radio Free Mormon’s episode entitled, “Sherlock Holmes vs. Joseph Smith,” you owe it to yourself to do so ASAP. I have never heard a better analysis of the apologetic strategies of Brian Hales in my life. Listen to this and you will see how it is that everyone unwittingly allows apologists like Hales to continue getting away with making bad arguments in defense of LDS claims.

https://radiofreemormon.org/2023/01/rad ... eph-smith/
Last edited by Kishkumen on Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Shulem
God

Re: Holmes vs. Smith on RFM

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:33 pm
If you have not listened to Radio Free Mormon’s episode entitled, “Sherlock Holmes vs. Joseph Smith,” you owe it to yourself to do so ASAP. I have never hear a better analysis of the apologetic strategies of Brian Hales in my life. Listen to this and you will see how it is that everyone unwittingly allows apologists like Hales to continue getting away with making bad arguments in defense of LDS claims.

Kish, you need to provide a link for interested readers to click and investigate.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Apologetics is the discipline set up for the express purpose of allowing people to get away with terrible arguments. But, i do want to listen. Thanks for the recommendation.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

This episode might send Moriarty and RFM over Reichenbach Falls, but RFM will return clad in a Marvel T-shirt and hopefully some pants.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

Brian Hales is “the Napoleon of crime!”
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Well done, RFM. Well done.
Rick Grunder
Sunbeam

Post by Rick Grunder »

Yes, a most impressive scrutiny of simplistically-bordered slots and categories painted by-the-numbers (almost as if to rush the patient out of the examination room in order to get on to the next client).

Thank you for this.
“I prefer tongue-tied knowledge to ignorant loquacity.”
― Cicero, De Oratore - Book III