Scott Gordon Attacks Tyler Livingston Over CES Letter

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Scott Gordon Attacks Tyler Livingston Over CES Letter

Post by MG 2.0 »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:53 am

I realize that you've been fed this line your whole life that most of humanity feels intimated by the gathering of milquetoast believers such as yourself. They don't.
:lol:

Regards,
MG
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:07 am
Obviously not. But someone did.

Regards,
MG
You are saying that not you, but a mod, had the word Charlatan placed in your account where most of us have a rank?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:10 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:59 am

A few?
A few too many. But yes, relatively speaking, a few. And I’m not excusing them.

Regards,
MG
How many times have you complained to the Q15 about Mormon men ****ing children versus how many time you’ve complained to the mods about your hurt feelings? There’s your morality.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:10 am
A few too many. But yes, relatively speaking, a few. And I’m not excusing them.

Regards,
MG
But, MG. Everyone is a sinner. Period. This has nothing to do with wolves in sheep's clothing.

If you are going to say that a person leaves the LDS Church just to drink coffee, I can say it is unlikely because plenty of Mormons drink coffee.

They are not wolves in sheep's clothing. They are garden variety sinners. You find them inside and outside of Mormonism.

There is no correlation between membership and sinner status for either critics or apologists to use.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

MG didn't leave the Church to sin, he just secretly drank his ice tea and showed up in the pews every week. I don't think MG is a charlatan, but he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:22 am
MG didn't leave the Church to sin, he just secretly drank his ice tea and showed up in the pews every week. I don't think MG is a charlatan, but he is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Oof. Right in the dick.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:13 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:07 am
Obviously not. But someone did.

Regards,
MG
You are saying that not you, but a mod, had the word Charlatan placed in your account where most of us have a rank?
I had a ‘godly’ rank if I remember correctly. I haven’t been here in a while. When I popped in today there it was. It actually sort of blew me away. I couldn’t believe it. But I’ve been around enough at this point in my life to have seen it all, so to speak. Did a mod do it? No idea. But they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.

It’s actually just plain weird.

Agreed?

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:15 am

If you are going to say that a person leaves the LDS Church just to drink coffee…
No, I don’t think I’m going to say that.

Regards,
MG
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:01 am
I had a ‘godly’ rank if I remember correctly. I haven’t been here in a while. When I popped in today there it was. It actually sort of blew me away. I couldn’t believe it. But I’ve been around enough at this point in my life to have seen it all, so to speak. Did a mod do it? No idea. But they haven’t responded to my inquiry yet.

It’s actually just plain weird.

Agreed?
Agreed! And, really, not cool. I protest. I petition that your status be changed back to "God."
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:03 am
No, I don’t think I’m going to say that.

Regards,
MG
OK, but you essentially did say that. You were saying people left because they wanted to break the WoW.

ETA: I take that back. You did not.
Last edited by Kishkumen on Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.