Scott Gordon Attacks Tyler Livingston Over CES Letter

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Scott Gordon Attacks Tyler Livingston Over CES Letter

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:17 am
Marcus, your ellipses and distortions of context are not worth my time trying to reconstruct and respond to either. I don’t want to waste my time (I have before) falling into your wordplay traps.
Your own words. :roll:
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:05 pm
...Rather than staying in the church and trying to ‘cover up their sins’ some find it easier to simply leave. When we live in a community and don’t fit in with the norms we look for ways to either fit in or we look for other options...
You brought up those who stay to cover up sins. That is exactly the issue with today's lds church and the abuse problem they have. You have (maybe inadvertently) hit upon a huge issue, and defined it exactly.

Your lds church harbors and defends abusers.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:33 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:17 am
Marcus, your ellipses and distortions of context are not worth my time trying to reconstruct and respond to either. I don’t want to waste my time (I have before) falling into your wordplay traps.
MG 2.0 wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:05 pm
...Rather than staying in the church and trying to ‘cover up their sins’ some find it easier to simply leave. When we live in a community and don’t fit in with the norms we look for ways to either fit in or we look for other options...
You brought up those who stay to cover up sins. That is exactly the issue with today's lds church and the abuse problem they have. You have (maybe inadvertently) hit upon a huge issue, and defined it exactly.

Marcus,

How dare you use MG's own words against him. That's pretty low. :lol:
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I too would like MG to expand upon the idea of Mormons covering up their sins. I think that’s a great topic worth its own thread even.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
You brought up those who stay to cover up sins.
They don’t stay with the PURPOSE of covering up their sins. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing that prey upon the weak and helpless. Covering their sins is a BYPRODUCT of the fact that they are abusers and self loathers looking for innocent victims.

THAT is their object and design.

They stay because this gives them opportunity to satisfy their evil designs. Sure, they end up trying to cover up their sins…but that’s not the PURPOSE for why they stay.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
MG
Last edited by MG 2.0 on Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:37 am
I too would like MG to expand upon the idea of Mormons covering up their sins. I think that’s a great topic worth its own thread even.
drumdude, can you think of some reasons that evil doers stay in the church when they really should not?

Why do they not excommunicate themselves, so to speak?

Regards,
MG
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:43 am
They don’t stay with the PURPOSE of covering up their sins. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing that prey upon the weak and helpless. Covering their sins is a BYPRODUCT of the fact that they are abusers and self leathers looking for innocent victims.
What the hell does "self leather" mean? Is that like one of your secret Snapple sins?

MG pictured below, "self leathering."
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:45 am
drumdude wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:37 am
drumdude, can you think of some reasons that evil doers stay in the church when they really should not?

Why do they not excommunicate themselves, so to speak?

Regards,
MG

Yes. I think there is a very toxic culture of putting on a good image and not being your real self in church. I’m sure you’re aware of the feeling. Going to your home teaching to find a happy smiling family and a week later they’re divorcing.

The church expects people to put on a facade. Because the church teaches we are supposed to strive for an impossible goal and anything less is a sin.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:43 am
Marcus wrote:
You brought up those who stay to cover up sins.
...They stay because this gives them opportunity to satisfy their evil designs....
Well. My goodness. Yes, i agree "it gives them opportunity" when they stay in an institution where those opportunities exist.

That is exactly the issue that many people have pointed out repeatedly.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:35 am
Marcus wrote:

Marcus,

How dare you use MG's own words against him. That's pretty low. :lol:
:D
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:52 am

What the hell does "self leather" mean?
Corrected original post. It should be ‘self loathing’.

Thanks for trying to be helpful.

Fail.

Your intuition is less than stellar.

Regards,
MG