Question for Mo Experts

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Re: Question for Mo Experts

Post by Morley »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:54 am
Or, you know, Euthyphro, you can assert whatever actions Mormon god chooses is good and light.
sweet
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:13 pm
My defining characteristic is that I am a Notary. Say, I bet you didn't know that some historians trace the notarial tradition back to the time of Cicero? Also: Hebrews 12:1 refers to a "great cloud of witnesses," which when properly interpreted is a promise to Notaries about their blessed role in the next life. Yes, it is a deep and satisfying thing to be a Notary, something you could experience for yourself if you'd only give it half a chance.

Common religious symbols of the Notary that everyone knows.

Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Morley wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:36 am
Bret Ripley wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:13 pm
My defining characteristic is that I am a Notary. Say, I bet you didn't know that some historians trace the notarial tradition back to the time of Cicero? Also: Hebrews 12:1 refers to a "great cloud of witnesses," which when properly interpreted is a promise to Notaries about their blessed role in the next life. Yes, it is a deep and satisfying thing to be a Notary, something you could experience for yourself if you'd only give it half a chance.
Common religious symbols of the Notary that everyone knows.

Indeed. There are those of us who feel the old ways are best, particularly in the matter of seals. Personally, I wouldn't trust a Notary who doesn't reek of herring.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Ohm shanti shanti shanti,

come to Saraswanti,

She fills your heart with joy,

you need not know why!

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.