There are so many ex-Mormon temple workers that they’re chomping at the bit to leak the new changes.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

There are so many ex-Mormon temple workers that they’re chomping at the bit to leak the new changes.

Post by drumdude »

To use DCP’s recent apologetic argument about statistics, it’s very unlikely that the lone ex-Mormon temple worker just happened to be on Reddit. Much more likely that there are tons of them working in the “house of the Lord.”

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... e_changes/
So with me working in the temple I may be able to find out the changes early as far as I know what has changed in my temple at least is they’ve reduced the number of sessions but that’s maybe not the big change or maybe it is and my temple presidency decided to put it into effect yesterday instead of waiting till Tuesday. But if there’s anything else that I hear of, I will return and report
Clearly the Lord has allowed unclean unfaithful ex-Mormons to serve in the temple. And to paraphrase DCP, I find that very significant.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: There are so many ex-Mormon temple workers that they’re chomping at the bit to leak the new changes

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

I've noticed that any changes in the endowment/film are not only disseminated on the internet within hours, it will also be filmed and posted on YouTube immediately. There must be plenty of cultural Mormon temple workers who are on Reddit/YouTube and more than happy to immediately share.

I still have a temple recommend and will occasionally go to the temple with neighbors and/or friends just to keep up on the social side of things. It has never once occurred to me to open a YouTube account and film the endowment every time a new change is implemented. I will leave the filming and posting on YouTube to the temple workers.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Re: There are so many ex-Mormon temple workers that they’re chomping at the bit to leak the new changes

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:04 am
I've noticed that any changes in the endowment/film are not only disseminated on the internet within hours, it will also be filmed and posted on YouTube immediately. There must be plenty of cultural Mormon temple workers who are on Reddit/YouTube and more than happy to immediately share.

I still have a temple recommend and will occasionally go to the temple with neighbors and/or friends just to keep up on the social side of things. It has never once occurred to me to open a YouTube account and film the endowment every time a new change is implemented. I will leave the filming and posting on YouTube to the temple workers.
It must be why they have locks on the lockers in the changing rooms. No spirit of discernment and they're very well aware.
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

Building more temples at great expense, but reducing the number of sessions in existing temples. So, fewer people are turning up to do temple work, and the solution is to pretend temples are full and more are needed…

How long before we see some temples closing permanently due to very low usage? Would the church ever do that? Ever moth ball a temple? What would be the spin to put on something like that?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Peterson should recommend magnetometers and airport-quality x-ray machines be installed in the Temple entrances (and mandatory pat-downs for those refusing the x-ray).
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

IHAQ wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:59 am
How long before we see some temples closing permanently due to very low usage? Would the church ever do that? Ever moth ball a temple? What would be the spin to put on something like that?
It would be a huge PR disaster, so it’ll never happen. They’ll just shut off the water but keep paying to keep the external lighting on.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:43 am
IHAQ wrote:
It would be a huge PR disaster, so it’ll never happen. They’ll just shut off the water but keep paying to keep the external lighting on.
I suspect that that situation would leak quite quickly, especially if there is a less-than-100%-faithful temple worker in that specific temple.

by the way, I know for a fact that some stake presidency members have given TRs to people with serious doubts about the church, in the hope that the "temple experience" will set them straight. It failed to do so for me.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

malkie wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:30 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:

I suspect that that situation would leak quite quickly, especially if there is a less-than-100%-faithful temple worker in that specific temple.

by the way, I know for a fact that some stake presidency members have given TRs to people with serious doubts about the church, in the hope that the "temple experience" will set them straight. It failed to do so for me.

It’s like trying to find the meaning of life by riding “it’s a small world” ride at Disney 1000 times.

There’s just not a lot there after the first time.
consiglieri
Prophet

Re: There are so many ex-Mormon temple workers that they’re chomping at the bit to leak the new changes.

Post by consiglieri »

Totally stealing this line! 😂
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Dr. Shades wrote:
IHAQ wrote:
We already see a version of closing temples - scheduled sessions with sign-ups, limited daytime hours, half days. A close relative is a sealer and he says they work less and less because people aren’t filling the schedule. It’s less and less the case you can just walk in and hit a session.