DCP’s Mormon scholars testify: abandoned?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
malkie
God

Re: DCP’s Mormon scholars testify: abandoned?

Post by malkie »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:32 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:25 am
test
Yea!! Successful test!!!!
Yes - may I add my congrats - you passed the test, Dean Robbers!
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

not sure about that.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:25 am
test
Marcus wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:32 pm
Successful test!!!!
malkie wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:52 am
you passed the test
No need to be so testy.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Marcus, quoting Russell M. Nelson wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:54 pm
Russell M. Nelson: "Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women" (May 1999 Ensign) from Priesthood session:

"Tonight I am attending with a son, sons-in-law, and grandsons. Where are their mothers? Gathered in the kitchen of our home! What are they doing? Making large batches of homemade doughnuts! And when we return home, we will feast on those doughnuts. While we enjoy them, these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently as each of us speaks of things he learned here tonight.
Maybe they’re not ‘listening intently’ so much as ponderizing over the fact that they had a welcome first crack at eating a few of their own delicious fresh donuts, without waiting for the husbands, sons, sons-in-law, and grandsons to amble into the room after Priesthood session.

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2023 7:31 pm
Marcus, quoting Russell M. Nelson wrote:
Maybe they’re not ‘listening intently’ so much as ponderizing over the fact that they had a welcome first crack at eating a few of their own delicious fresh donuts, without waiting for the husbands, sons, sons-in-law, and grandsons to amble into the room after Priesthood session.

Cause Mormon women must grab whatever Mormon crumbs they can? Ok.

I found stepping away from that toxic environment far more fulfilling. And I still make and eat delicious, fresh, entirely gender-neutral donuts.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:03 am
Ready For Battle:
I'm pretty sure this one is titled "The Apparition," not "Ready for Battle."
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

If this painting had to be used as a metaphor for life, which figure would Dan be?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:08 pm
They're in the kitchen preparing refreshments..... :D
Clearly not the “relief” Frazetta had in mind.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Marcus wrote:
Verified...
Russell M. Nelson: "Our Sacred Duty to Honor Women" (May 1999 Ensign) from Priesthood session:

"Tonight I am attending with a son, sons-in-law, and grandsons. Where are their mothers? Gathered in the kitchen of our home! What are they doing? Making large batches of homemade doughnuts! And when we return home, we will feast on those doughnuts. While we enjoy them, these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently as each of us speaks of things he learned here tonight. It�s a nice family tradition, symbolic of the fact that everything we learn and do as priesthood bearers should bless our families
the sexist arrogance just drips from this guy. But then, he is the person whose wife, after giving birth to 9 girls, got pregnant again at 48, after many years of not being pregnant, risking her life with an emergency c-section in order to... (finally!) give Nelson a SON.
...these mothers, sisters, and daughters will listen intently...
Too many Mormon men are raised thinking this is normal.
Wow! Bizarre stuff.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow