Latest Mormon Revelation - Easter Sunday should feature Jesus

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Latest Mormon Revelation - Easter Sunday should feature Jesus

Post by drumdude »

Straight from the first presidency. They’ve been hard at work racking their revelatory powers for this one.

https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders/2 ... rist-focus
To commemorate the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will conduct only sacrament meetings in wards and branches on Easter Sunday, April 9, with worship services — including messages and music — to center on the Savior.

That directive came in a First Presidency letter — signed by President Russell M. Nelson and his counselors, President Dallin H. Oaks and President Henry B. Eyring — sent Wednesday, Feb. 15, to Church leaders worldwide.

I’m saddened that “Praise to the Man” will no longer be sung on Easter Sunday in 3rd hour priesthood session. This really isn’t your grandfather’s LDS church anymore.
IHAQ
God

Re: Latest Mormon Revelation - Easter Sunday should feature Jesus

Post by IHAQ »

I suppose the real question is why a special announcement and effort is needed to make Sacrament Meeting centred in Christ, shouldn’t that be a given week in, week out?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

IHAQ wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:58 pm
I suppose the real question is why a special announcement and effort is needed to make Sacrament Meeting centred in Christ, shouldn’t that be a given week in, week out?
As DCP notes, most Easter Sundays in Mormonism were indistinguishable from any other Sunday. Unless your bishop got some wild hair and decided to depart from that norm.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

IHAQ wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
And how many millions are gonna feel the burning in the bosom that this new and unique revelation from Jesus gave the prophet? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow Mormonism is making great strides these days...
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:06 am
IHAQ wrote:
As DCP notes, most Easter Sundays in Mormonism were indistinguishable from any other Sunday. Unless your bishop got some wild hair and decided to depart from that norm.
Ahhh, yes, but that was Mormonism.

Now that it's "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints"-ism, things are different - no wild hair required :)
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I am tired of the LDS Church’s desperate attempts to be considered Christian.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

To commemorate the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will conduct only sacrament meetings in wards and branches on Easter Sunday, April 9, with worship services — including messages and music — to center on the Savior.

That directive came in a First Presidency letter — signed by President Russell M. Nelson and his counselors, President Dallin H. Oaks and President Henry B. Eyring — sent Wednesday, Feb. 15, to Church leaders worldwide.

I don't know how anyone could read this and have any doubts that Russell M. Nelson is in direct communication with the Savior.

First, the revelation prohibiting children of gay parents from baptism. Then the revelation reversing the first revelation. Then, the revelation that the term Mormon should not be used.

Take your vitamins folks, who knows what's next........Maybe another revelation reversing the revelation prohibiting the use of the term Mormon?
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Duplicate
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:49 am
I think the financial push is a result of their failure to gain acceptance among the Christian community. Perhaps financial strength will finally give them a place at the table?
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:30 am
Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:49 am
I think the financial push is a result of their failure to gain acceptance among the Christian community. Perhaps financial strength will finally give them a place at the table?
And if they won't get invited to sit with em all, they will be able to just buy Christianity... they can't convert the world? No problem, we'll buy it... "you can buy anything in this world for money."