An Open Letter to Radio Free Mormon

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Re: An Open Letter to Radio Free Mormon

Post by jpatterson »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:38 pm
jpatterson wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:28 pm
And you criticized me for having such a narrow view. The fact that you think assault, abuse or harassment require intercourse is laughable.
No, silly person. There is no there there. This is why I complain about the lack of an actual affair with actual intercourse. It would be a better story if Dehlin and Rosebud actually had a normal affair instead of the stunted one we all had to endure after the fact. Her claims otherwise are utter rubbish. Her claims of assault are fanciful at best and totally devoid of proof. Further, welcome conduct is not harassment under the law. That's why no lawyer would take the nonsense case. But, keep the fire burning. You do you. Maybe on the millionth telling, it will magically come true .....
He's admitted that he harassed her. Here. Openly. You just refuse to see it.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I don’t think harassment and affair are synonymous. He violated the current Open Stories Foundation policy, but the policy only existed after the fact.

He should still do the right thing and step down.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:12 pm
I don’t think harassment and affair are synonymous. He violated the current Open Stories Foundation policy, but the policy only existed after the fact.

He should still do the right thing and step down.
It's the classic MeToo behavior. "Oh, I didn't know it was harassment or abuse at the time. I only now recognize it in hindsight."

Except he won't even admit that publicly to his audiences. He just keeps hiding behind RFM.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Amendment to my last post. John actually did step down. And then was immediately rehired.

That kind of sophistry is what Dehlin calls out in the church on a daily basis.
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:15 pm
Amendment to my last post. John actually did step down. And then was immediately rehired.

It doesn't stop there. He was immediately re-hired, then ran off almost his entire board except for two people who got paid by him years into the future (one of which is still getting money from him) and then gave himself a 60% pay raise the year after his board left.

But RFM just wants you to pay attention to a few out of context text messages, and then claims he "follows the evidence."
jpatterson
Area Authority

Post by jpatterson »

drumdude wrote:
John and Joanna Brooks concocted a legal scheme by which they would claim that Rosebud was an equal to John so that they would ask them both to resign, and then they would re-hire John.

Now John is acknowledging she was a subordinate. You can see his story change once evidence comes out that contradicts him. You see him clam up and hide behind RFM when he doesn't want to answer serious accusations.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

jpatterson wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:27 pm
drumdude wrote:

It doesn't stop there. He was immediately re-hired, then ran off almost his entire board except for two people who got paid by him years into the future (one of which is still getting money from him) and then gave himself a 60% pay raise the year after his board left.

But RFM just wants you to pay attention to a few out of context text messages, and then claims he "follows the evidence."
They're good friends. I don't expect RFM to throw him under the bus.
Dwight
Deacon

Post by Dwight »

Well since I doubt RFM will grant this demand, I’m guess John Dehlin can sleep easy since JP won’t release this evidence that will finally convince the world unless he can do it on RFM’s show. JP is denying Rosebud justice for his own glory. He wants to take John Dehlin down. Funny how so many people around Rosebud use her. Sort of like John Dehlin manages to surround himself with people he shouldn’t.
bill4long
2nd Counselor

Post by bill4long »

jpatterson wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:50 pm
I sent this email to RFM earlier today:

Dear RFM,
Maybe time to get a new hobby?

However, I would seriously like to see Kate Kelly dialog with RFM. Could be interesting for a few minutes.
The views and opinions expressed by Bill4Long could be wrong and are subject to change at any time. Viewer discretion is advised.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

jpatterson wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 6:10 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:38 pm

No, silly person. There is no there there. This is why I complain about the lack of an actual affair with actual intercourse. It would be a better story if Dehlin and Rosebud actually had a normal affair instead of the stunted one we all had to endure after the fact. Her claims otherwise are utter rubbish. Her claims of assault are fanciful at best and totally devoid of proof. Further, welcome conduct is not harassment under the law. That's why no lawyer would take the nonsense case. But, keep the fire burning. You do you. Maybe on the millionth telling, it will magically come true .....
He's admitted that he harassed her. Here. Openly. You just refuse to see it.
Nope. Earlier I said I would have recommended a small severance for Rosebud for Dehlin's conduct. But that's it. There still isn't a case for assault or anything else. The supposed affair reminds me of a Middle School romance my son recently told me about where his friend's girl friend kissed another boy. She cheated! And so she should be forever punished, right?

Additionally, this was always Dehlin's show, not Rosebud's. Since leaving we've seen the relative success of the two and have been able to judge accordingly. Had the board not rehired Dehlin, how stupid would that have been? Unfortunately, in the real world, post relationship between key employee and subordinate, practically speaking, subordinate is paid a sum depending on the severity and subordinate leaves the concern. In this case, the conduct only warranted a small sum.

Time to move on buddy. Blowing up the company like you want is not going to happen. No one thinks the conduct that really happened and not wished for by you deserves having Dehlin forced off the air or put in jail or having him wear a scarlet D or whatever. Talk to a bunch of lawyers that deal with these cases, and if you could actually be honest with the lawyers in the consultations, you'll see that you are wasting your time here on this subject. But I won't hold my breath.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.