Meeting Kishkumen

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
msnobody
First Presidency

Meeting Kishkumen

Post by msnobody »

It was an absolute joy meeting Kish yesterday. He found Mr. Nobody and I wandering around the streets and graciously took us in and we partook of a delicious meal and conversation. I would have loved to have spent more time together, but the demands of life dictated it must end. So very grateful we got to meet you in real life. Thanks again for your gracious hospitality.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Kishkumen
God

Re: Meeting Kishkumen

Post by Kishkumen »

msnobody wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:30 pm
It was an absolute joy meeting Kish yesterday. He found Mr. Nobody and I wandering around the streets and graciously took us in and we partook of a delicious meal and conversation. I would have loved to have spent more time together, but the demands of life dictated it must end. So very grateful we got to meet you in real life. Thanks again for your gracious hospitality.
What a thrill for me, msnobody! You and Mr. Nobody are fine people and delightful company. I hope we can get together again. Just don't tell anyone that I look nothing like Alan Rickman in real life. ;)

By the way, I started to watch "The Chosen," and I am already hooked. Please thank Mr. Nobody for the recommendation!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:32 pm
msnobody wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:30 pm
What a thrill for me, msnobody! You and Mr. Nobody are fine people and delightful company. I hope we can get together again. Just don't tell anyone that I look nothing like Alan Rickman in real life. ;)

By the way, I started to watch "The Chosen," and I am already hooked. Please thank Mr. Nobody for the recommendation!
Mr. Nobody just got a chuckle out of learning he is Mr. Nobody. Maybe I should start watching it, or pay attention while he is watching.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

msnobody wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:37 am
Mr. Nobody just got a chuckle out of learning he is Mr. Nobody. Maybe I should start watching it, or pay attention while he is watching.
I watched it again last night. It is a lot of fun. I was surprised when they included this tiny bit about the collapse of the tower of Siloam in one of the episodes. The detail in it is pretty impressive.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:59 pm
msnobody wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:37 am
I watched it again last night. It is a lot of fun. I was surprised when they included this tiny bit about the collapse of the tower of Siloam in one of the episodes. The detail in it is pretty impressive.
Now I know I need to watch it/them.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Green with envy.

I've only had the pleasure of meeting two people from the boards in person over the years. One is lifeonaplate (Blair Hodges) who I got to enjoy a lovely dinner with him and his wife many many moons ago (pre-MI, etc.). The other no longer posts here, or if they do, under a different name. Silentkid. I was able to have a couple of drinks, many laughs, and a bit of nosh with him and one of his friends. Time flies... that was probably at least a decade ago (or more).
Abaddon
Nursery

Post by Abaddon »

In an alternate reality it would be so fun to meet all the distinguished posters that I’ve long ago associated avatar pics with real life appearances. Alas, time, distance, circumstances proves this nearly impossible.

Perhaps in Hell.

(I kinda wish Kish DID look like Snape)
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

in real life Kishkumen is a saint and an overall wonderful human being. Anyone who says otherwise doesn’t know him.
Abaddon
Nursery

Post by Abaddon »

I think that’s true of the majority of people here.

The Internet puts us in a box, like a car in traffic; many don’t think twice of cutting someone off in traffic while in their box but would never do it if they were standing right next to the person.

Or maybe we just wear masks in person and our true selves are let out when we’re in our box? Hopefully that’s not the case…
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Abaddon wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:34 pm
In an alternate reality it would be so fun to meet all the distinguished posters that I’ve long ago associated avatar pics with real life appearances. Alas, time, distance, circumstances proves this nearly impossible.

Perhaps in Hell.

(I kinda wish Kish DID look like Snape)
He is much better looking in real life. ;)